Chocolate Coffee Scones. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and use a pastry blender or your fingertips to blend the butter into the. Satisfy all your morning cravings with this pastry that combines chocolate and coffee!
In a small bowl, mix Instant Coffee Granules and Hot Water. Combine Flour, Cocoa Powder, Sugar and Salt in a large bowl. Cut the Butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. You can have Chocolate Coffee Scones using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Coffee Scones
- Prepare 200 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 60 grams of Strong bread flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- You need 50 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆ Instant coffee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆ Boiling water.
- You need 50 grams of Chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 dash of Cake flour for dusting.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add chocolate chips, cream, and milk, and working quickly, stir until a loose dough forms. In a small bowl, combine coffee and confectioners' sugar and whisk until smooth. Lay a large piece of parchment paper on your work surface, place a wire rack over the parchment paper.
Chocolate Coffee Scones step by step
- Prepare your ingredients. Chill all the ingredients well in the fridge except for the ☆ ingredients. Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes..
- Mix the coffee powder with boiling water well and add milk. Cool this in the fridge..
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix well with a whisk or chopsticks..
- Add the butter at this point and press the butter into the flour using a dough cutter or fork..
- Once mixed, use your fingertips (thumb and index finger) to rub more butter into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbles like in this picture..
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg and the milk coffee. Mix together using a cutting motion with rubber spatula..
- Add the chocolate chips before the mixture forms a soft dough. If it's too hard, add more milk. On the other hand, if it's too soft, add a small amount of cake flour..
- When the powder disappears, transfer onto a bench dusted with cake flour. Roll it out to 1.5 cm thick and 18 cm diameter with a rolling pin..
- Cut into 8 shapes like in this picture..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the scones on the paper, allowing space to expand between each. Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 10-15 minutes..
- Bake until the scones puff and turn slightly golden brown! Cool them down on a wire rack..
- Tip: They're still nice when cool, but I recommend putting them in a toaster oven to warm them up. You can store them in the freezer..
Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter into the flour mixture. Toss into the flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, eggs, coffee and vanilla extract. Perfect Chocolate Coffee Scones Filled with delicious coffee flavour and huge chunks of dark chocolate, these scones are the perfect pick me up for an afternoon snack.