Dulce de leche cupcakes.
You can cook Dulce de leche cupcakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dulce de leche cupcakes
- It’s of salted butter (softened).
- Prepare of caster sugar.
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of Dulce de leche.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of icing sugar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of hot water.
Dulce de leche cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan oven). Line a 12 section bun tray with cupcake cases. Mix salted butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add eggs to the mixture and mix well. Add flour to mixture until a nice cake batter. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix in evenly. Spoon cake batter evenly into 12 cupcake cases. Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes until risen and cake tester comes out clean..
- Once cupcakes have cooled on a wire rack. Cut off risen peaks and scoop a small hole into the top of each cupcake..
- Fill cupcake holes with 1 to 2 teaspoons of Dulce de leche. Ensure cupcakes have a flat top so do not over fill them..
- Make buttercream icing by beating unsalted butter and icing sugar in bowl until smooth and creamy. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and hot water and beat again until smooth..
- Fill a piping bag with buttercream and pipe onto cupcakes covering the the Dulce de leche. Add other decorations if you wish. I used mini white chocolate stars..