Chicken afgani. Prick chicken all over with a sharp kitchen knife and place in a bowl. Mix lime juice, ginger, garlic, cream, cardamom, cashew nut paste, salt, pepper, and oil together in a medium bowl. Learn How To Make Chicken Afghani from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar.
Afghan Chicken mainly originates from the Mugal dynasty which is Super creamy and also has a different cooking style. This chicken dish was prepared by the best chefs at that time and served to the members of the Royal family. Take cashews and yogurt in a blender and puree till smooth. You can cook Chicken afgani using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken afgani
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare of Curd.
- It’s of Small onion.
- Prepare of Garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need of Ginger piece.
- It’s of Coriander leaves.
- It’s of black pepper corns.
- Prepare of Cumin seeds.
- You need of Green chillies.
- It’s of Milk.
- You need of Chat masala.
- Prepare of Pistachios.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Dry fenugreek leaves.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- You need of Green cardamon.
- You need of Cloves.
- You need of smokey flavour-.
- You need of Green cardamons.
- You need of Coal.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare of Cream.
- Prepare of Garam masala powder.
Take all ingredients except oil in a bowl and mix well. Chicken pieces cooked in thick rich creamy masala bursting with fresh flavours. Made with the goodness of a cream, whisked eggs and lime juice, Afghani Chicken recipe tastes best when served with some spicy chutney. If you are expecting guests at home or you want to celebrate any special occasion such as kitty parties, potluck, buffet or anniversaries, then this dish will do wonders.
Chicken afgani instructions
- Add ginger, garlic, onion, green chilli, pista, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, black pepper in mixer jar and grind it to make a fine paste..
- In a bowl add curd and milk, mix well then add the grind masala, salt, chat masala, garam masala, fenugreek leaves, lemon juice and mix well then add chicken pieces for marinating and keep it aside for 1hour..
- Take a pan add oil and fry the chicken well and keep the fired chicken aside..
- Then in the same oil drain and add clove, green cardamon and the leftover mixture and cook well by covering the lid and after 2 minutes add the chicken pieces and cook it well and check. Then add some water for making the chicken gravy and cook well, then add cream, mix well and keep the flame low and cook it for 15 minutes. Then burn the coal and keep in the chicken with clove, green cinnamon, butter and cover the lid for the smoky flavour..
- Ready to serve with garlic butter naan..
- Enjoy it with your family..
Welcome to Sonia Barton Channel, In this Channel I share various kind of dishes/recipes in my style which is very simple to make with ingredients available a. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Thread the chicken onto metal skewers, folding if the pieces are long and thin, alternating with the red onions. Be sure not to cram the skewers.