Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes. Whether you're baking for a group of kids or an upscale party, cupcakes are a universal favorite. Vanilla and chocolate swirl together in these cupcakes to make a beautiful and delicious combination. Top them with pearlized sprinkles to complete the elegant look.
Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Gradually stir in the milk until the mixture is smooth. This is the same exact chocolate cupcake recipe, a "foundation" recipe where I like to apply all different frosting flavors. You can cook Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prepare 220 g of softened butter.
- It’s 220 g of sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 220 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 60 g of dark chokolate powder.
- It’s of For the buttercream.
- It’s 100 g of softened butter.
- You need 200 g of icing sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 30 g of dark chocolate powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
Like my basic vanilla cupcakes recipe, these chocolate cupcakes hold a sacred spot in my baking repertoire. There's no reason to find a better version- this is THE chocolate cupcake recipe I use time and time again. Add the egg white and vanilla extract and mix until they're fully combined and then add the milk and sour cream. When you press on the center of the cupcake it should spring back.
Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole cupcake tins*2 with paper cases..
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time..
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, Take a separate (smaller) mixing bowl, and pour half of your mixture into the first mixing bowl, add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix well..
- In the second mixing bowl, pour another half of your mixture and add the 60g of dark chocolate powder and mix well..
- Once your two mixtures are ready, spoon a teaspoon of vanilla mixture into each cupcake case, then follow with a spoon of chocolate mixture. Repeat until each cupcake case is half full..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack..
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy..
- Take a separate (smaller) mixing bowl, and pour half of your buttercream mixture into the first mixing bowl, add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix well..
- In the second mixing bowl, pour another half of your buttercream mixture and add the 30g of dark chocolate powder and mix well.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cupcakes in a large swirl..
Take a tooth pick or cake tester to gently swirl the batters together. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. For vanilla cupcakes, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream butter on high until light and fluffy. Add sugar slowly, mixing until fully combined. Add vanilla bean paste and eggs one at a time, beating until well combined.