Motichoor Ladoos. Motichur laddu are soft, delish melt in the mouth ladoo made mainly with gram flour, sugar, and spices. The gram flour batter is fried to make tiny balls or boondi and mixed with sugar syrup, nuts or seeds and later shaped to neat round balls. Motichoor laddoo are made of very small gram flour balls or boondis which are deep fried, then simmered in sugar syrup till they absorb the syrup and plump up.
This popular Indian Motichoor laddu sweet is made with besan (gram flour), Motichoor ladoos, laddoos or laddus are loved by people of all ages. If you always wondered how to make Motichoor Ladoo Recipe at home, this quick and easy Motichoor Ladoo recipe with step by step instructions will become your favourite. Ladoos refers to anything round and sweet and we make a lot of ladoos. You can cook Motichoor Ladoos using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Motichoor Ladoos
- Prepare of besan (chickpea flour).
- It’s of Orange and red food colour (optional).
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Pistachios.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of Cardamom powder.
- You need of Rose essence (optional).
- You need of lemon juice.
I already have several recipes on my blog and there are so many more. Basically grains, lentils, dried fruits, nuts etc. everything can be converted into a ladoo. Motichoor ladoo are made with gram flour or besan as we call it. Motichoor Ladoo is a delicious Indian Sweets very popular across all states of India.
Motichoor Ladoos instructions
- Take besan (chickpea flour) in a mixing bowl, add salt and whisk well. Add milk, food colour and required water to make a thick batter..
- Heat a frypan with enough oil. Keep a heavy box near the pan, without touching the flame or the pan. Place a kitchen cloth or towel, folded over the container. This is for tapping the ladle over the oil..
- Once the oil is hot, put flame to low or medium and hold the boondi ladle in slanting way, above the oil, so that the handle rests over the box..
- Pour batter all over the ladle rather than at one place. Quickly start tapping the handle of the ladle over the box, so that the batter gets sprinkled in the oil..
- Once the bubbles reduces and you could see boondis, remove it from oil using a wire mash ladle. Never let it for more time, otherwise it will get crispy and brown. Drain in paper towel. Repeat to finish all..
- To make sugar syrup, boil sugar and water until one string consistency. That is, if you swipe the back of the ladle with your fore finger and check between your thumb, a string should form..
- Switch off the flame, add lemon juice, cardamom and rose essence..
- Add the prepared boondi, mix well and keep it closed for minimum 20 mins or until all the syrup is absorbed by the boondi. Chop finely and fry the pistachios in ghee. Add to the soaked boondi and mix..
- Grease you hand with ghee. Take palm full of the boondi and make round shape ladoos. Repeat to finsish all..
- Motichoor Ladoos are ready to serve. Enjoy 😊..
These ladoos are made with tiny boondis made of Gram flour and cooked with sugar syrup. The important factor for this ladoo being the tiny motis that are cooked and later added into sugar syrup to form ladoos. motichoor ladoo recipe motichur ladoo with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular and attractive round shaped ladoo recipe made with fine and saffron coloured boondi pearls. it is a well known sweet recipe and is mainly prepared for festivals and occasions to share with family and friends. it is generally made with boondi jhaara, but in this post uses easily available. Motichoor Ladoo is an exoctic dessert / sweet served during many occassions. From Ganesh Pooja to Diwali, this is one of the very common sweet which we prepare to further sweeten the occassions.