Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert). An affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert. While Italians have enjoyed it for years at the end of a meal, it became more popular in North America as a beverage when Starbuck's put Affogato-style Frappuccino blended beverages on their menu. Affogato coffee desserts are all the rage.
Top with shaved dark chocolate and chopped. Affogato means drowned in Italian, but the most critical question is: is this a drink or a dessert? I love coffee, much more than desserts, so my affogato is a coffee drink. You can have Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert) using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert)
- You need 6 of Scoops: Vanilla Ice Cream (Any).
- It’s as required of Shredded/Chopped: Dark Chocolate.
- Prepare 1 Cup of : Instant Brewed or Espresso Coffee brewed in the espresso machine.
- It’s 3 of Delectable Glass Jars: (Any Choicest).
I drown the ice cream in my coffee instead of pouring the precious dark liquid over a sad ice cream scoop. So, here's the deal, if you're. Affogato is an Italian coffee and gelato dessert. A shot of hot espresso is poured over a scoop of vanilla gelato, drowning it into a delicious concoction.
Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert) instructions
- Brew the espresso or instant coffee in the oven/electric hot water kettle (as I did- not using the fire) or in the coffee machine (if you have one) & set aside covered, for at least about 10-15 mins time.
- Take 2 Scoops each, of Vanilla Ice Cream into the 3 Glasses… shred the chocolate into each of the glasses and pour in the strained freshly brewed coffee onto it & add into it some more shredded chocolates choco-chips, chopped pistachios, chocolate syrup, salted caramel drizzles, (anything similar of your choice).
- Enjoy your AFFOGATO DESSERT.
The freshly brewed deep and rich aromas of my parents stove top coffee, always had me up and out of bed early when I was younger. Affogato is an Italian dessert that involves ice cream doused in espresso. The word "affogato" means "drowned" in Italian — and it's easy to see where the name came from! This is a dessert you'll want to eat quickly since the espresso rapidly drowns the ice cream. Affagato Italian Coffee and Gelato Dessert The Italian word affogato means drowned and in this instance, it refers to the gelato (ice cream) drowning in a shot of freshly made espresso.