Rabdi. Rabri or rabdi is a traditional Indian sweet of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream. Also known as lachha rabri in hindi. This is the classic North Indian dessert.
It's often flavored with nuts, cardamom, saffron and served in earthen clay pots. When I was a kid, all my favorite desserts were the ones my nani (grandmother) made. Rabdi or rabri is a popular North Indian sweet, which is basically evaporated sweet thickened milk. You can have Rabdi using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rabdi
- You need of full fat whole milk.
- Prepare of sugar or add as required.
- Prepare of green cardamoms, crushed.
- Prepare of almonds.
- You need of pistachios – blanched and sliced.
It is popularly prepared during festivals and weddings Rabdi is a creamy and thick textured dessert, which needs basic pantry ingredients – milk, sugar, saffron, cornstarch, and rose water. Rabri also known as rabdi is a North Indian traditional sweet dish made with full fat milk, sugar, cardamoms and nuts. It is served as a dessert or along with malpua, gulab jamun, jalebi and puri. Rabri tastes very delicious, creamy & is full of flavors from the cardamoms and saffron. firstly, in a large nonstick pan heat thick cows or buffaloes milk. furthermore, stir occasionally and get to a boil. also reduce the flame to medium. and once a layer of cream is formed over the milk, stick it to sides of vessel. further, get the milk to boil again.
- Take 1 litre of full fat whole milk in a thick bottomed kadai or pan & heat the milk on a low to medium flame, till the milk starts to froth or form a layer of cream/malai on top..
- Lower the flame and keep on simmering the milk.
- Meanwhile soak almonds and pistachios in hot water for 30 minutes. then remove their peels..
- Slice or chop them and keep aside. do keep a check on the simmering milk when soaking as well as slicing the almonds, pistachios. Once the milk reduces to half, then add sugar and cardamom powder. stir gently..
- When the milk gets reduced to 1/3 or 1/4 of it's original quantity, then switch off the flame..
- Stir gently and then add the slivered pistachios..
- Add some pistachio for garnish.
- Serve chilled.
Rabdi Recipe: Rabri is a milk based, delicious Indian dessert made on festivals and special, celebratory occasions in Indian homes. It is a simple Indian dessert made with. Rabdi is a perfectly proportioned combination of milk and sugar, thickened in a broad-bottomed vessel. When making rabdi, it is very important to keep scraping the sides of the pan at all times, otherwise the sides will burn. The authentic process involves cooking milk by constantly stirring it on low flame and reducing it until it thickens considerably.