Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert). An affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert. While Italians have enjoyed it for years at the end of a meal, it became more popular in North America as a beverage when Starbuck's put Affogato-style Frappuccino blended beverages on their menu. Top with shaved dark chocolate and chopped.
Affogato is an Italian coffee and gelato dessert. A shot of hot espresso is poured over a scoop of vanilla gelato, drowning it into a delicious concoction. The freshly brewed deep and rich aromas of my parents stove top coffee, always had me up and out of bed early when I was younger. You can cook Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert) using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert)
- You need of Scoops: Vanilla Ice Cream (Any).
- You need of Shredded/Chopped: Dark Chocolate.
- You need of : Instant Brewed or Espresso Coffee brewed in the espresso machine.
- Prepare of Delectable Glass Jars: (Any Choicest).
An Italian coffee-based dessert that is translated to "drowned". There are various ways to make it, some with liqueur, others with a creamy dessert sauce. For this recipe, I went with an easy Homemade Sea Salt Caramel Sauce that is to die for. I made affogato for the first time a couple of years ago for New Years Eve.
Affogato Coffee (Italian Dessert) instructions
- Brew the espresso or instant coffee in the oven/electric hot water kettle (as I did- not using the fire) or in the coffee machine (if you have one) & set aside covered, for at least about 10-15 mins time.
- Take 2 Scoops each, of Vanilla Ice Cream into the 3 Glasses… shred the chocolate into each of the glasses and pour in the strained freshly brewed coffee onto it & add into it some more shredded chocolates choco-chips, chopped pistachios, chocolate syrup, salted caramel drizzles, (anything similar of your choice).
- Enjoy your AFFOGATO DESSERT.
Affogato is an Italian dessert that involves ice cream doused in espresso. The word "affogato" means "drowned" in Italian — and it's easy to see where the name came from! This is a dessert you'll want to eat quickly since the espresso rapidly drowns the ice cream. An Easy Affogato Recipe: Affogato means drowned in Italian, but the most critical question is: is this a drink or a dessert? I love coffee, much more than desserts, so my affogato is a coffee drink.