Angoori Rabdi. Heat the milk in a non-stick pan and add the lemon juice drop-by-drop stirring continuously to get a grainy texture. I am bit lazy in blogging these days. Some how I have managed to write a recipe in this new year so thought why not start with a dessert.
Basically it is small size sponges which is called. Angoor Rabdi Recipe, Learn how to make Angoor Rabdi (absolutely delicious recipe of Angoor Rabdi ingredients and cooking method) Rich, creamy and smooth, Rabri flavored with grapes. An easy dessert that is sure to leave all delighted. You can have Angoori Rabdi using 12 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Angoori Rabdi
- It’s of Angoori sponges:.
- It’s of full fat milk.
- Prepare of vinegar (add as required).
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Cardamom powder.
- It’s of for Rabdi:.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Cardamom powder (elaichi powder).
- It’s of Saffron.
- It’s of powdered makhana (fox nuts), almonds and some cashews.
- You need of Pistachio slivers for garnishing.
This Angoor Rabdi recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Rabdi is a traditional Indian dessert and is often a part of celebrations and festivals. This easy dessert recipe uses minimum ingredients and is your go-to dish on days you have to entertain sudden guest. This dish is made using green peas, who knew rabdi can be made using green peas!
Angoori Rabdi step by step
- Method to prepare the sponges: Pour milk in a pan and allow it to boil. Once it boils, add vinegar to it. Stir the milk occasionally so that milk doesn’t stick to the bottom..
- Once milk comes to a boil, turn off the heat..
- When the milk has curdled properly, pour the milk into the strainer lined with a soft muslin cloth. You could also use any other cloth which is thin and allows the water to drain easily..
- Now grab the cloth from all the sides and rinse the contents very well under running water..
- Now take this coagulated milk in a flat thali and with the heel of your palm start mashing it with little pressure and stop when chenna start releasing ghee..
- Mash it for 5-6 minutes and make small balls. Balls should be smooth with no cracks..
- Now keep a big deep vessel on high flame and pour 5 cup of water into it. Add 1 cup of sugar and let it come to a boil..
- Once sugar-water comes to boil, gently slide all the chenna balls into it and cover the lid immediately, so that the steam remain inside the vessel..
- Cook for about 5 minutes on high heat and then turn the flame to minimum possible flame. Now cook it covered for next 20 minutes on lowest flame..
- Angoor (mini rasgulla) are now cooked. You may check it by pressing a sponge with your finger if it bounces back to it's original shape, it's cooked..
- Now take another pot and add some room temperature water. Shift all cooked rasgulla into it. Freshwater is necessary because they retain their shape when immersed in fresh water..
- Angoori sponges are ready..
- Method to prepare rabri: In a heavy bottom pan, bring milk to boil. Simmer on low heat for 10-minutes..
- Add powdered dry fruits and makhana to it as this will help in quick thickening of milk.
- Make sure you stir it intermittently to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom..
- Add saffron and sugar. Stir it well. Simmer until milk is reduced to half amount..
- Keep it aside to let it cool to room temperature. Rabdi is ready..
- Serving: Dunk the angoors into the rabri and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes so that the angoors get soaked nicely..
- Garnish with sliced pistachio and saffron strands..
- Serve chilled..
Angoori rasmalai or angoor rabdi is a dessert made with fresh Indian cottage cheese. Cottage cheese balls are dunked in flavored and thickened milk. Saffron Angoori Rabdi – sugar free. Saffron Angoori Rabdi – sugar free. Prabu Foods is a brand dedicated to providing our customers with products that we are proud to represent as being up to the "Prabu" standard.