Red Velvet CupCakes / How to Make Cupcakes / Eggless CupCakes. The best way to make cupcakes without eggs is finding the right combination of leavening agents, such as baking powder and/or baking soda, and acids, such vinegar, lemon juice, buttermilk, yogurt, sour cream, etc…When leaveners and acids are combined they react and produce gas (bubbles) that will make the cupcake fluffy. In a large bowl add the sugar and vegetable oil and beat well until pale. Add the yogurt,lemon juice,vanilla extract,red food colour and milk and mix well.
Sift them to remove lumps of flour and cocoa powder. These red velvet cup cakes are light, fluffy, have a subtle chocolate flavor and totally eggless. The red colour of these eggless red velvet cupcakes comes from the red food colour. You can cook Red Velvet CupCakes / How to Make Cupcakes / Eggless CupCakes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet CupCakes / How to Make Cupcakes / Eggless CupCakes
- You need of Flour / Maida – 1 Cup Cocoa Powder (Optional).
- It’s of Condensed Milk – ½ Cup Milk – ½ Cup.
- You need of Oil & Butter – 2 tbsp each Sugar – ¼ cup Vinegar – 1 tsp.
- You need of Red food colour – ½ tsp Baking Powder – 1 tsp Baking Soda – ½ tsp.
- It’s of Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp Salt – 1½ Cups (for baking).
- It’s of For Frosting : Cream Cheese – ⅔ Cup Unsalted Butter – ¼ Cup.
- You need of Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp Powdered Sugar – 1½ Cups.
- You need of (Sifted twice, after measuring).
Try to use the best quality red food colour you can find. I got over-board and pour lots and lots of gel food colour, later regretted for using such a large amount. In a muffin tray lined with cupcake liners, use an ice cream scoop to add the batter. Take the cupcakes out and let them cool down to room temperature.
Red Velvet CupCakes / How to Make Cupcakes / Eggless CupCakes instructions
- Cupcakes : For Baking in Cooker : Preheat a cooker in low-med flame for 10 minutes with 1½ cups of salt, a wire rack and a perforated plate. For Baking in Oven : Preheat oven at 180 C for 10 minutes. For the batter : Start by adding the oil & butter to a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and whip it. Then pour in the condensed milk, and whip it for another minute or two. Then add in the vinegar, vanilla essence and ¼ cup of milk. Mix well..
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder over this. Give it a mix, Then mix the red food colour with the rest ¼ cup milk and add the milk to the batter. If the colour isn't accurate for you, feel free to add some other to balance. In my case, it was raspberry red, I added a couple drops of lemon yellow food colour to balance the red colour. Line Cupcake tins with liners, Divide the batter into 6 cupcakes..
- For Baking in Cooker : Place the cupcakes in the cooker, in mine I could place 4. Then close and bake for 15 minutes in low-medium flame. Check after 15 minutes with a toothpick, if it comes out clean it's ready if not, bake for another 2-3 minutes. You can bake the rest cupcakes after this batch is baked..
- For Frosting : In a bowl, add the cream cheese and butter. Beat it for a minute, then add vanilla essence and ⅓ of the powdered sugar and whip till incorporated. Then add another ⅓ and whip, and then the last addition & Whip the frosting for another 2-3 minutes. Cream cheese frosting is ready. Add the frosting to a piping bag, then pipe the frosting in the cupcakes. Sprinkle with confectionery or cake crumbs. Enjoy!.
- Important Note:- Recipe makes 6 cupcakes. But you can sneak in and get about a tablespoon or tablespoon & half of batter from around the bowl, and bake it in tartlet mould lined with a mini size liner with the normal sized cupcakes. Then after all cupcakes cools down, you can make crumb that mini cupcake.. Rest all are extremely soft & moist making crumbs can be difficult, but that small one would be slight drier as we will be overbaking it, which would help to make crumbs for topping the cupcak.
- If you liked this video, give it a Thumbs Up and Subscribe! Please leave your comments and suggestions in the comments section below :).
Take milk and white vinegar in a bowl. This red velvet cake is an eggless and healthy recipe with natural color attained by adding beetroot puree and cocoa powder to give it a beautiful color, taste and also make it a healthy one. I usually bake this cupcake only during valentines day as its my hubby's favorite cupcake, though I am not a big fan of beetroot this particular cupcake. Make your special occasions even more special by baking these vegan red velvet cupcakes. Frost it with your favorite frosting and add sprinkles to suit the celebration.