Malpua. Buy Tickets For Maluma At Hertz Arena. Don't Miss Out On Exciting Live Events Near You. Malpua is one of the most popular desserts of North Indian cuisine and is prepared on several festivals and special occasions.
It's often served with rabdi (thickened sweet milk) and makes an indulgent dessert. So what actually is a malpua? It's like a fried pancake, the batter is made with flour, sugar and often flavored with fennel and cardamom. You can have Malpua using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malpua
- It’s of Maida.
- You need of Milk powder.
- Prepare of Warm Milk.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Saffron.
- It’s of Silvered Almonds.
- You need of Silvered Pistachios.
- Prepare of Oil or ghee for frying.
Malpua recipe – Detailed recipe of malpua along with step by step photos. Malpua is a sweet pancake popular in Uttar pradesh, Rajsthan, Bihar, West bengal, Orissa and Maharashtra. It is also popular and commonly made in the neighboring countries, Nepal and bangladesh. However each region has a different version of making malpua.
Malpua step by step
- Mix Maida and milk powder in a bowl. Then add warm milk little by little and mix it to a lump free batter. Batter should be consistency of like the dosa batter. If required add warm water..
- Take a pan, add water and sugar and mix it on medium heat. Once sugar is melted, add saffron and stir. Switch off the flame once the syrup is sticky but it should not be thick. Finally add Cardamom powder and give it a final mix.
- Take a flat pan, take oil or ghee, as per your preference, for frying. Oil should be medium hot and than bring it to low and start pouring a ladle full of batter. You can make 3 to 4 malpuas at a time, according to the size of your pan. Cook it on both the sides till it is golden brown. The flame should be at low otherwise the malpuas will be raw inside. Take the malpuas out of oil and dip it in sugar syrup for a minute on both the sides..
Apart from flour different ingredients like fruit, milk, khoya. Malpua recipe with step by step photos. Malpua is a traditional North Indian sweet of soft, fluffy and yet crisp pancakes coated with sugar syrup and served with rabri or thickened sweetened milk. These malpua are crispy around the edges and fluffy, soft, spongy in the center. This is an instant malpua recipe.