Orange coconut ladoo. Toast the shredded coconut and coconut flour in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until fragrant and some of the coconut is golden colored. The charm of these delicious and sweet coconut Ladoo lies in the subtle combination of grated coconut with the sweet condensed milk. The addition of Mawa gives the sweet a creamy texture and rolling of balls over desiccated coconut makes the surface of Ladoo rough.
The ingredients used, are from Kolkata only so that you get the taste of Kolkata in this Naru. This Special Komla Lebu Narkel Naru. Combine coconut and cardamom in a pan over medium heat. You can have Orange coconut ladoo using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange coconut ladoo
- It’s of Desiccated coconut.
- It’s of Condensed milk.
- You need of Orange juice.
- Prepare of Orange food colour.
- Prepare of Ghee.
- Prepare of Cardamom powder.
- It’s of Chopped almonds and pistachios.
Keep stirring the condensed milk in the pan while on the stove to avoid the milk from burning to the pan. Add coconut and dry roast until fragrant but not browned. While coconut is roasting, break apart cardamom pods. Take the seeds out and grind the seeds into a powder.
Orange coconut ladoo instructions
- Heat an nonstick pan. Add desiccated coconut,orange juice,condensed milk and food colour.Cook for 7-8 minutes until bubbling away and mixture become stiff and leaves the side of the pan..
- Add ghee and cardamom powder. Off the flame and chill the mixture in room temperature. Shape the laddoo in desired shape. Roll the laddoo in dry desiccated coconut and garnish with chopped nuts..
- Store in jar or refrigerate for upto 4-5 days..
Add sweetened condensed milk and cardamom powder to the coconut and mix well. Heat the coconut milk in a small skillet at medium heat. Add oil, sugar and salt and mix in. Add coconut, almond meal and pureed mango to a saucepan over medium heat. Taste and add sugar or sweetener if needed.