Makhana kheer. Makhana or foxnuts or phool makhana is always there at home. I usually roast the makhana and keep in a jar. Since we make kheer also with makhana, its time I updated the recipe on the blog. more about these healthy seeds on my Roasted makhana post.
Loved by all for its creamy and rich flavour, kheer is a perfect sweet delight to indulge in during the Navratri season! This Makhana Kheer recipe is easy-to-prepare and doesn't require much of an effort. Makhana Kheer Recipe, Learn how to make Makhana Kheer (absolutely delicious recipe of Makhana Kheer ingredients and cooking method) About Makhana Kheer Recipe: Kheer being the most loved Indian dessert is made in Indian homes to celebrate almost every occasion and festivities. You can have Makhana kheer using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Makhana kheer
- Prepare of makhana.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of condensed milk.
- You need of Sugar as per taste.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of cashew nuts and raisins.
- Prepare of ghee.
- You need of cardamom powder.
- You need of Some chopped pistachios.
- You need of Some chopped almonds.
- It’s of saffron.
Makhana Kheer here, is made from Phool Makhana (popped lotus seed) that has been cultivated in India for centuries and. Makhana Kheer is an Indian pudding made using fox nuts, milk, sugar and dry fruits. It is a delicious dessert which can be served on any occasion especially for Vrat or fasting days. Makhane ki Kheer is an Indian pudding made using fox nuts, milk, sugar and dry fruits..
Makhana kheer instructions
- Heat a Kadai with ghee and roast the cashew nuts and raisins in it and keep them aside..
- In the same Kadai roast the makhana for sometime till they become golden in colour in low flame..
- Then add milk and salt into it and allow it to boil for sometime..
- Boil it for 10 minutes and add condensed milk, sugar anddry fruits in it..
- Add the cardamom powder in it and mix it well and switch off the flame. Now your makhana kheer is ready..
- Serve warm or chilled condition by garnishing with some chopped pistachios,almonds and saffron strands..
Kheer is one of those things which we make at various occasions and festivals. While most of us make the rice kheer and embed all kinds of flavours in it – this makhana kheer will be a new twist in the taste for you. It is low in fats, so you can also indulge in its sweet goodness without guilt. Once cooled, crush a few makhana into a coarse powder using your thumb and fingers. Makhana Kheer is a delicious dessert recipe with the goodness of dry fruits.