Tart Tangerine Cupcakes (from All-purpose Baking Mix). Cupcakes: In large bowl, combine baking mix, sweetener and salt. In a medium saucepan, bring tangerine juice and basil to a simmer over medium heat. Strain mixture, discarding solids, and return juice to pan.
In a medium bowl add flour and baking powder if using. Pour the tangerine mixture into the flour and mix well. Mix in the salt and vanilla. You can cook Tart Tangerine Cupcakes (from All-purpose Baking Mix) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tart Tangerine Cupcakes (from All-purpose Baking Mix)
- You need of BATTER.
- You need 4 c of All-purpose Baking Mix.
- It’s of sweetener equivalent to 1 c sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 c of tangerine or orange juice.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare of FROSTING.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need of sweetener equivalent to 3/4 c sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of tangerine or orange juice.
Add the flour gradually and mix until just combined. Directions In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening and pulse until the mixture is similar in texture to cornmeal. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Tart Tangerine Cupcakes (from All-purpose Baking Mix) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in 12-cup muffin pan..
- Cupcakes: In large bowl, combine baking mix, sweetener and salt. In a cup, reserve 2 tsp juice for frosting. Add remaing juice to dry mix and stir well. Let stand 2 min. then whisk eggs into mixture..
- Divide batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 min. until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely on rack..
- Frosting: In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sweetener and reserved juice. Mix well and spread on cooled cupcakes..
For the cake: Mix the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl. Cream the butter and the sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the zest and extracts.