Shahi Tukda. Shahi Tukda is a simple yet delicious recipe, which makes for a delightful treat for sweet lovers. Here's a simple recipe to make this traditional Shahi Tukda recipe at home. Take a saucepan and heat water along with sugar, once the sugar dissolves add the saffron strands.
There are different stories which relate to the origin of this delicious dessert. It is said that shahi tukda also known as shahi tukra was a favourite of the Mughal emperors and was enjoyed with their festive. How to make Shahi Tukda – Shahi Tukra (with Condensed Milk), a popular sweet is a royal treat to taste buds at anytime. You can have Shahi Tukda using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shahi Tukda
- You need of Leftover any bread slices.
- Prepare of Leftover sugar syrup.
- Prepare of full creamy milk.
- You need of ghee.
- Prepare of milkmaid.
- Prepare of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Chopped cashews.
- Prepare of Chopped almonds.
- It’s of Chopped pistachios.
- It’s of Mawa/khoya/paneer (optional).
To make this sweet in authentic style, bread pieces are deep fried in ghee until crispy and then topped with creamy rabri. Shahi tukda is a rich, royal Mughlai dessert of fried sugar syrup coated bread topped and soaked with fragrant creamy sweet thickened milk or rabri and garnished with dry fruits. The word 'shahi' means royal and tukra/tukda (singular) means 'a piece'. Shahi Tukda or Shahi Toast is a royal dessert straight from the culinary utopia of Hyderabad.
Shahi Tukda step by step
- First heat the pan & boil milk till quantity gets half & milk get thicker..
- Meanwhile heat the non stick pan in low flame add ghee in it, take bread slices cut into triangle shape then 1 by 1 shallow fry all bread triangle shape till golden colour..
- Heat the leftover sugar syrup & keep aside..
- As milk gets thicker & creamy add 2 spoon milkmaid, stir continuously..
- When milk is ready add some chopped dryfruits & cardamom powder mix well & off the flame..
- Take serving tray or plate spread some creamy milk then 1 by 1 keep bread slices which we shallow fried in ghee, dip into sugar syrup & put into serving plate or tray in milk..
- Arrange accordingly with milk then spread thicky creamy milk on top & spread rest chopped dryfruits over it..
- Shahi tukda is ready to serve..
Made by deep frying the bread, soaking it in sugar syrup, and then drizzling it with thick luscious rabdi, this Hyderabadi delight is one of the best yet easy to make Indian desserts. Shahi Tukda is a recipe of Mughal origin and it's also considered to have been invented in Pakistan, even though it's very preferred in India too. Etymologically the term Shahi Tukda can be split up into two words- Shahi which means "Royal", and Tukda indicating "Piece"- which provides it the actual name of Royal Piece in English. Shahi Tukda or Shahi Tukra is an Indian bread pudding, which is made with golden fried bread soaked in a rich, saffron induced custard sauce. Its origins are from the Mughal era, and it quite literally means 'piece of royalty', indicating the richness of this Indian / Pakistani dessert. shahi tukda recipe: firstly, cut the sides of bread and cut them into triangle. fry the bread slices in hot ghee till the bread turns golden brown. fry the bread both the sides till they turn golden brown. and dip both sides of bread in prepared sugar syrup. furthermore, in a plate, pour in ½ cup of prepared rabri. and place in fried bread slices.