Rasmalai cake. Rasmalai cake is a fun fusion dessert to celebrate festivities or any special occasion. It combines flavors of the Indian dessert Rasmalai in the form of cake making it totally irresistible! Egg-free, easy to make, and delicious!
Other ingredients are cardamom, vanilla essence, and nuts. Ingredient notes and prep steps Note: Exact amounts are given in the recipe card further down in the post. Assembling the cake: Cut sponge cake in two parts, apply condensed milk mixture with a help of brush. You can cook Rasmalai cake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rasmalai cake
- Prepare of All Purpose Flour/ Maida.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of plain Yoghurt/Curd.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Baking Soda.
- It’s of Vanilla Essence.
- You need of Aof Salt.
- It’s of Decorating the Cake –.
- Prepare of Small Rasmalai.
- It’s of Whipping Cream.
- Prepare of Ras from Rasmalai.
- It’s of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare of Yellow Food Colour (optional).
- It’s of Finely Chopped Pistachios & Almonds.
Spread a layer of rasmalai on the cake. Next evenly spread a layer on icing on the rasmalai. Keep another layer of cake, apply the condensed milk mixture and cover the whole cake with the prepared icing. Rasmalai is a chilled dessert that consists of soft and fluffy paneer dumplings soaked in a thick milk syrup, flavored with cardamom and saffron.
Rasmalai cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 10-12 mins and grease, line two 6” round baking pans with parchment paper..
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients – all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder and salt. Mix it really well. It could be sieved as well..
- In another mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients – milk, curd, oil, vanilla essence and sugar..
- Mix the ingredients with a whisk until the sugar has dissolved..
- Now make a well at the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture. Fold it in gently such that there are no lumps..
- Pour the batter equally into the greased, lined baking pans..
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Invert the cakes and remove the parchment paper. Let them cool down completely..
- Add Ras (thick milk from Rasmalai) to the whipping cream mixture. Whip the cream until soft peaks are formed. I added a pinch of yellow food colour..
- Trim the tops off the cake to make it even..
- Brush liberally with Ras (thick milk from Rasmalai) all over the cake. Spread a layer of whipping cream evenly on the cake..
- Place the other cake and apply a layer of cream on the top as well as the sides. Decorate with rasmalai and sprinkle finely chopped pistachios & almonds and rose..
- Chill it until ready to serve. Stores well in the fridge for 4-5 days..
Now, transitioning to our cake, it has three components – a spongy cake, saffron milk and ricotta cream and garnished with nuts. Ras Malai Cake is a twist on a very popular Bengali dessert " Ras Malai ". Ras Malai is made with homemade cheese known as " paneer " or "chana". It consists of soft paneer balls immersed in chilled creamy milk. Ras Malai has been always my favorite dessert for as long as I can remember.