Rasgulla. Rasgulla or Rosogolla or Rasagola is a South Asian syrupy dessert popular in the Indian subcontinent and regions with South Asian diaspora. It is made from ball-shaped dumplings of chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) and semolina dough, cooked in light syrup made of sugar. This is done until the syrup permeates the dumplings.
This Rasgulla recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested. Rasgulla recipe with step by step pics. It is a popular Bengali sweet. You can have Rasgulla using 7 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rasgulla
- You need of cow milk.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Sugar Syrup :.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of pistachios for garnish.
While the method of making rasgulla remains the same, there are two distinct types of rasgulla. One is the spongy rasgulla and the other one is a non-spongy rasgulla. Rasgulla is a sweet Indian dessert recipe that involves cheese in sugar syrup. Try this rasgulla recipe for a sweet dessert.
- Chenna: In a pan add milk..
- Stir and get to a boil..
- Add lemon juice and stir well..
- Add more lemon juice and stir till milk curdles completely..
- Immediately drain the curdled milk in to the hand kerchief..
- Pour a cup of water and clean the chenna as it lemon juice init..
- Furthermore, bring it together and squeeze off excess water..
- Hang for 30-minutes..
- Knead chenna till it turns out smooth without any grains of milk..
- Make small balls of chenna and keep aside..
- Sugar Syrup :In a pan take 1-1/2cup sugar..
- Add 6-glass water and stir well..
- Boil the syrup on fast flame..
- Add chenna balls into boiling sugar syrup..
- Cover and boil for 20-minutes.the chenna balls double in size..
- Keep a side till it cools completely and then refrigerate..
- Finally, serve rasgulla chilled, garnished with pistachios..
- Sponge rasgulla is ready..
Rasgulla is a juicy milk based dessert loved by people all over India. These tiny juicy balls are addictive, delicious & are made during festive times. This rasgulla recipe will give you soft, spongy & juicy rasgulla that are quick to make. It can be tried even by beginners. Release the pressure from the cooker while running under water; remove the lid.