Creamy Pasta Seviyan. The word ' seviyan ' itself refers to the South Asian-style vermicelli pasta used to make all types of desserts. Seviyan can be prepared dry (Sukhi Seviyan) or with milk (Doodh Seviyan/Seviyan Kheer or Sheer Khurma). In context, when I say Seviyan, I mean a milk-based toasted vermicelli pudding.
This recipe is for Seviyan which is a creamy and delicious traditional Pakistani vermicelli pudding. It is very quick to make and can be served hot or cold. If you need a dessert in a hurry, this is the one for you. You can have Creamy Pasta Seviyan using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pasta Seviyan
- Prepare of Ingredients:.
- You need of ▪Pasta vermicelli……..(seviyan).
- Prepare of ▪Milk…………(doodh).
- Prepare of ▪Water……….(Pani).
- It’s of ▪Sugar………(Cheeni).
- It’s of ▪Cream……….
- You need of ▪ Nuts as required (Almonds and pistachio).
The vermicelli pasta cooks in the milk making it creamy and thick. It is also called paal payasam or vella payasam due to its white color by cooking in milk. This is the way the traditional semiya payasam is made and enjoyed by most. I would also like to share a variation of this payasam that is probably made by very few.
Creamy Pasta Seviyan instructions
- Direction:- ▪In a pot, add water, bring it to boil,add vermicelli in it. ▪Cook until Vermicelli fully boiled and don't discard water, set aside..
- ▪In another pot, add milk, bring it to boil. ▪Add boiled vermicelli, cook for 15 mins on low to medium flame and keep stirring in between..
- ▪Add sugar in it, cook for 10 mins on low to medium flame and keep stirring in between. ▪Turn off the flame and slightly cool down it on room temperature. ▪Add cream in it and mix it well..
- ▪Garnish with nuts and served chilled. ▪Yummy and Creamy Pasta Seviyan is ready to eat. Enjoy!.
Creamy Pasta Primavera When I think of springtime, asparagus comes to mind. This pasta dish is a wonderful blend of tender, crisp, colorful vegetables and a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Heat a large pot over medium heat.