Lemon cupcakes. Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Delicious lemon cupcakes with a hint of lavender and creamy lemon frosting. These are not your Mama's cupcakes. Updated with a light, moist texture and just an 'ever-so-subtle' Provencal taste. You can have Lemon cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon cupcakes
- Prepare 7/8 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 7/8 cup of cane sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 3 oz. of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tablespoon of agave syrup.
- It’s of Lime zest.
- You need of Lemon zest.
My husband did not know there was lavender in them. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream.
Lemon cupcakes instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. In a bowl, mix the lemon zest, the whole wheat flour, the yeast, the cane sugar and the salt. In another bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, the yogurt and the lemon juice..
- Make a mound of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients on top, mix until you get a soft dough. Pour the batter into the cupcake molds and bake from 20 to 25 minutes..
- For the frosting, mix the cream cheese at room temperature and the agave syrup together in a bowl with a hand-held mixer until it emulsifies..
- Decorate the cupcakes with the pastry tube and top it off with lemon and lime zest..
Line the cupcake tin with papers. Add the sugar and lemon zest to the bowl of a food processor then pulse until zest is broken up and the sugar is pale yellow In color. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl then whisk together and set aside. If you love lemon, then these lemon cupcakes are for you! The cake is moist, light, lemon-y, and filled with a bright, citrus-y lemon curd.