Butternut beet kale salad. Put the squash in a bowl and pour in the melted butter. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper and toss to combine. Spread the squash out on a rimmed baking sheet and roast,.
Lightly coat with dressing or serve on the side. To roast butternut squash, peel, remove seeds and cut into cubes. Toss in olive oil and sale and pepper. You can have Butternut beet kale salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut beet kale salad
- You need of red beet peeled and cubed.
- You need of golden beet peeled and cubed.
- Prepare of butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed.
- Prepare of medium red onion thin sliced.
- It’s of Small bunch dandelion greens chopped.
- You need of I bunch Dinosaur kale stemmed and chopped.
- You need of Carrot green tops finely chopped.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of garlic minced.
- It’s of tbsApple cider vinegar.
- You need of Honey (optiona)l.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of Hemp seed hearts.
- You need of Pumpkin, sunflower or walnuts to top.
Top the kale with the squash. The beets we used are from Number One Son's in DC , sold in our farm market, and are seasoned. This beet quinoa salad utilizes seasonal fall produce, including beets, butternut squash, and kale. Toasted pecans add a satisfying crunch, and a homemade balsamic honey mustard dressing rounds everything out.
Butternut beet kale salad instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees place beets in one shallow roasting pan in single layer and butternut squash in another single layer. Coat with one tbs of oil season with salt and pepper. Roast until fork is easily inserted about 25 min for beets and 35 min for squash.
- Combine the greens and onion and combine.
- Mix together vinegar, remaining olive oil clove of garlic and honey fun option if you want more depth of flavor is to put a garlic clove in to roast with the beets let cool then chop and add to mix..
- Toss vinaigrette in veggies top with the beets and squash garnish with hemp hearts and nuts and eat!!!.
The kale will turn a bright green color and the bitterness will fade. Put the kale in your salad bowl. Top with a generous amount of roasted butternut squash and beets, then sprinkle with goat cheese, pepitas and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with more dressing if desired and enjoy! Kale Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Beets and Goat Cheese is a vegetarian dish that can be made vegan by replacing the goat cheese with vegan cheese.