No sugar homemade applesauce in crockpot. This delicious homemade applesauce is made easy in a crockpot. Throw your prepared apples, cinnamon, and water into the slow cooker. Let cool and blend if desired.
Taste and add optional ingredients if needed. Peel, core and slice the apples, placing them into the slow cooker as you go. Toss the apple sliced with the fresh lemon juice, then add the water (or juice), pinch of salt, and cinnamon sticks (optional). You can cook No sugar homemade applesauce in crockpot using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of No sugar homemade applesauce in crockpot
- It’s 14-16 of fuji or honey crisp apples.
- You need of Juice from 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 Tbl of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of pumpkin spice.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of clove.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
Layer apples into a slow cooker. Sprinkle cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg over the apples. Cut apples into large chunks and place in a large crockpot. Stir in the water, cinnamon, and raisins.
No sugar homemade applesauce in crockpot step by step
- Peel and core apples and cut into small cubes.
- Put apples into crockpot with water, cook on slow for 2 hours or until apples are soft enough to mash with a spoon.
- Once soft enough, use a large spoon to mash the apples in the crockpot to the texture of your liking.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, mix well..
- Cook another 15 minutes to allow the spice to soak..
- Serve & enjoy!.
- Can store leftover in the fridge upto 2 weeks.
When the applesauce is done cooking, remove the lid and stir the applesauce well. Put the prepared apples in your slow cooker. Pour the water over the top. Cover the slow cooker and set it on low. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of the slow cooker, and close the lid.