Quinoa Overnight Oats. Loaded With Superfoods Like Maca Root For Energy, Real Fruit, Raw Cacao, Hemp, Flax & Chia. Add in mashed banana, stevia (or honey/maple syrup), berries, and peaches. Pour in almond milk, and mix ingredients together.
Overnight quinoa falls somewhere between overnight oats and chia pudding. Not only is it super filling, it is also yummy and nutritious! The beautiful thing about quinoa is you can cook up a large batch of it over the weekend, and then use it in different recipes all week long, including different varieties and flavors of overnight quinoa. You can have Quinoa Overnight Oats using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Overnight Oats
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Honey.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of oats.
- Prepare 1/2 of mashed banana.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of oat milk or preferred milk substitute.
- You need of Fun toppings or mix ins: almonds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, coconut, berries, bananas, honey, syrup.
What are overnight oats/quinoa Overnight oats are basically no-cook method of making oatmeal. Wow is all I can say about these overnight quinoa oats. I never thought of doing that before but I picked up a bag of quinoa over the weekend with no idea for it. A few google searches later and I saw quinoa as overnight oats.
Quinoa Overnight Oats step by step
- Cook quinoa per instructions..
- Mix cooked quinoa with honey and cinnamon to taste..
- Let quinoa cool. Then mixed with mashed banana..
- Prepare into 3 separate bowls. Measurements per bowl may change if using 4 bowls/servings..
- Mix 1/4 cup quinoa with 1/4 cup oats into each bowl..
- Add 1/2 preferred milk to each bowl..
- Bowl 1: mixed in maple syrup. Bowl 2: mixed in huckleberry jam. Bowl 3: mixed in Nutella..
- Leave in the fridge overnight..
- Add toppings when ready to enjoy..
I wasn't sure I would like the texture of just quinoa, so I added Instructions. Night before: bring all ingredients (minus the toppings) to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to cool. Place covered pot in fridge overnight. In the morning, heat on stovetop on medium heat until heated through.