Wholewheat Pumpkin Dinner Rolls.
You can have Wholewheat Pumpkin Dinner Rolls using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wholewheat Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- It’s 300 gm of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 200 gm of Pumpkin Puree.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Oil.
Wholewheat Pumpkin Dinner Rolls instructions
- To make Pumpkin puree, Peel the red pumpkin and cut it into small pieces. Now in a pan boil some water. Add chopped pumpkin pieces to hot water and cook for 5 min. Now stain the pumpkin and let it come to room temperature. Then make paste of it using a mixer grinder..
- To activate the yeast, in a bowl take yeast, sugar and lukewarm water. Stir it and let it rest for 5 minutes or until it froths..
- In a kneading bowl add flour and salt. Add activated yeast solution and pumpkin puree. Mix everything and start kneading the dough by adding water little at a time..
- Add one tablespoon oil to the dough. Knead it for a minute or two. Cover the bowl with clean kitchen towel and let the dough rest until it doubles in volume..
- When dough become double in volume, punch it to release the air and divide it into 8 equal portions..
- For first shaping technique, make a smooth dough ball and then using a thread knot the dough ball in a way that it is making 6 equal portions of the dough. For second technique, I used scissors. Again make a dough ball and then using scissors, cut the outer surface a little deep from 6 to 8 equidistant place on the dough ball..
- Place all the shaped dough balls on a baking tray by leaving some space in-between. Cover with kitchen towel and let rest until doubles..
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200°C..
- Brush the buns with milk before baking and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- When baked take the pumpkin rolls out from oven and rest for 5 minutes. Using scissors cut the thread. serve healthy pumpkin rolls..