Roasted pumpkin soup. Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting pan. Place in the oven and roast until the skin is. Combine pumpkin, onion, mushrooms, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet.
Stir in pumpkin, bell peppers, apple, vegetable stock and sage. Slice each pumpkin halve in half to make quarters. Set it aside to cool for a few minutes. You can cook Roasted pumpkin soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted pumpkin soup
- Prepare 2 lbs of pumpkin.
- It’s 1 of medium sized carrot.
- It’s of Medium onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 cups of coconut milk.
- You need 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare Sprig of thyme.
- Prepare of Whole spice.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Bacon (optional).
- It’s of Croutons.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
How to make pumpkin soup Peel and cut pumpkins into smaller sizes, spray with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut the pumpkin into large pieces (and remove the seeds) and place onto lined pan. Once done, peel off skin from pumpkin and set aside. Add butter to a saucepan on medium heat.
Roasted pumpkin soup instructions
- Mix the flour and 2 cups coconut water into a dough and set aside. This is for the yummy coconut dumplings. We will get back to them later..
- Cut your pumpkin, carrots, and onions into cubes and add the cloves of garlic. Place on a baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven and enjoy the smell of your kitchen while it's roasting for the next 45 minutes. I added the thyme after about 15 minutes and my kitchen smelled so good..
- After the veggies are nice and roasted, you need to blend them to a puree. You can add heavy cream at this point. I also added a cup of coconut milk..
- Pour it in a pot to cook some more..
- Add salt, spices and mix. I basically taste and add more if it is necessary. While this is happening put your bacon in the toaster oven so it is nice and crispy. Then serve with bread..
Peel the sweet potato and add along with the pumpkin flesh and spices to the pot. Pour in the broth and coconut milk. Place the pumpkin, onion, cut-side up, and the garlic on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside until cool enough to handle.