You can have Dinner Rolls using 7 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dinner Rolls
- You need 40 ml of warm water.
- It’s 1 1/8 of tspn yeast.
- You need 33 of gms+1/8tspn sugar.
- Prepare 158 ml of warm milk.
- You need 87 gms of salted butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 480 gm of all purpose flour/wholemeal flour.
Dinner Rolls instructions
- Mix well warm water, yeast and 1/8 tspn sugar till foamy.
- Add egg, warm milk and sugar. Mix well till combined..
- Add butter and beat in the mixture.
- Add flour little by little as you knead..
- If kneading by hand, knead continously for 6 mins. If by stand mixer knead on low speed for 3 mins. Knead well till the dough becomes nonsticky and stretchy..
- Oil a bowl and place the dough and cover with cling film..
- Place it in a warm place for 1hr and 30 mins to allow it rise to almost double size..
- Once raised punch the dough on the surface to remove air.
- Roll out on your work surface. Then divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll out each ball and divide the dough in quarters..
- Roll the quarters using your hand to form balls as you arrange them on the baking tin. I chose to use my cast iron skillet..
- When done cover with cling film and allow to rest for 30 mins. Halfway through preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius..
- The dough is now beautifully risen and covered the space in between.
- Brush the surface with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds..
- It is now ready for baking. Bake in the lower shelf for 25 mins.
- Once baked let it stand to cool..
- Serve and enjoy.