Pumpkin soup. I modified another Allrecipes pumpkin soup recipe past recognition and decided to add it here to share. It has a little bit of a kick to it from the chili powder, and the orange juice and pumpkin pie spice really bring out the flavors. It was originally based on 'Daddy's Pumpkin Soup.' Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns.
Remove from the heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Puree the mixture in a food mill; if you do not. You can have Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- It’s of pumpkin peices.
- You need of medium sized onion.
- You need of carrots.
- Prepare of red lentils.
- You need of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
Curried pumpkin soup – stir in a touch of curry powder once you blitz it, add little by little. Then instead of using cream, use coconut cream. Pumpkin soup in the fall is something that never gets old. It's healthy, super creamy, and keeps you cozy.
Pumpkin soup instructions
- In a pot add the pumpkins and the chopped onions and carrots, add butter, black pepper, salt and oil and stir fry it for 10mn.
- Add 25oz of water (over half a liter) or you can use vegetable broth as well, add the lentils and let simmer until the broth thickens a bit (15-25mn).
- Remove the pot and add cheese or fresh cream, or 70g of natural yogurt, mix well until smooth and serve.
You can use various winter squashes to make this soup but our top two favorite types are. So here's what you need for the soup: pumpkins (pumpkin puree), stock (vegetable or chicken), heavy cream, nutmeg, maple syrup, salt, and pumpkin seeds. I used storebought pumpkin seeds, then just threw 'em on a cookie sheet to toast them for a few minutes. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the pure pumpkin, chicken broth, cream, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, and cook,.