Soft Baked Pretzels. The perfect stage for our own line of flavored salts and sugars. Hand-made pretzels for a variety of categories from Top-knot, wheelhouse to salted Looking For Goldfish® Baked Crackers In Pretzel Flavor? Remove them from the water using a large flat spatula.
Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. You can have Soft Baked Pretzels using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft Baked Pretzels
- It’s of milk.
- You need of dry active yeast (1/4 tsp).
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of butter, softened.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s of warm water.
- It’s of Coarse salt,.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds,.
- Prepare of butter melted.
Once all of the dough is shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda-hot water solution and place pretzels on baking sheets. For topping, combine water, sugar and baking soda in a shallow bowl. Shape each rope into a pretzel and dip into the baking solution. Sprinkle pretzels with coarse salt or coarse sugar.
Soft Baked Pretzels step by step
- Warm the milk in the microwave for 45 seconds or until warm.(but not hot) stir in your yeast and set aside 4 min..
- Pour your milk mixture into a large bowl and mix in your brown sugar using spoon (I just used a wooden spoon) once mixed in, stir in 1 cup of the flour until just combined.
- Add your softened butter along with the remaining 1 1/4 cup flour and salt. Mix by hand until it all comes together.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for about 6 min..
- Bring together in a big ball and place into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap.Set aside to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- After an hour: punch the dough then divide into 6-8 pieces for large pretzels..
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix the 1.5 cups water and baking soda in a shallow bowl or dish..
- Roll out each piece using palms into long tubes (about 12 inches) then form into shape..
- Dip each pretzel in the baking soda water than place on lightly greased baking sheet..
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and your sesame seeds (or poppyseeds or anything else you want to top the pretzels with).
- Bake in oven for 11 minutes..
- Once out of the oven, brush with the melted butter. Enjoy!.
Line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. The pretzels can stick to parchment, so give it a light spray with nonstick spray or lightly grease with butter. Our soft pretzels are made with delicious dough, twisted and baked to a golden brown on the spot any way you like to hit the spot (any time of day). A Tradition of Giving Back We're proud to partner with Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation to help find a cure for childhood cancer. The first pretzels were baked as a soft, squishy bread, like the soft pretzels of today.