Simple Squashbread. Looking for an Easy Recipe Tonight? Try a Recipe From Hidden Valley® Ranch. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until fluffy.
Simple Squashbread Catherine MJ Mary Evans Chicagoland. In a large mixing bowl, mix then knead into a bread dough. Place the yellow squash in a colander over a sink to drain any liquid. You can cook Simple Squashbread using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Squashbread
- You need of Self-rising flour.
- You need of can Squash.
- It’s of Sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice optional.
In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and melted butter until well combined. Put oil and squash in blender and blend until liquid. Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon in a Medium bowl. Combine the Eggs, Sugar, Oil and Vanilla in a separate LARGE bowl.
Simple Squashbread instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, mix then knead into a bread dough. Dough should not be sticky. Add more flour if sticky..
- Form ball, cover bowl, rest it about 30 mins..
- Score like scones 12 equal pieces..
- Roll each piece into ball placing in Teflon muffin pan..
- Bake 350° for 20 mins (clean toothpick test). I brushed butter on top last five minutes and is not necessary..
- Let cool and loosened with plastic knife..
- Slice and serve with butter. I used Butternut Squash in the recipe which has some sweetness..
- I store extras in a plastic bag in the refrigerator..
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Put in two ungreased loaf pans. The result is a crispy, crunchy cracker that's reminiscent of a flatbread.