Pumpkin raita. The Pumpkin Raita, is a wholesome yogurt dish in itself. Raita is a dish that is traditional savored as an accompaniment along with Indian Main Course dishes or even Parathas. This raita is made by simple sauteeing the pumpkin along with a few basic herbs and salt to making it in to a delicious raita.
Next add channa dal, urad dal and green chillies and fry until the dal is light brown. This usually takes about a minute. Add hing, stir and then add pumpkin. You can cook Pumpkin raita using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin raita
- It’s of grm, pumpkin (sharred and boiled).
- Prepare of kg, Youghrt.
- You need of cup,fresh cream.
- Prepare of flour pancake, as you like (optional).
- It’s of Salt, as taste.
- Prepare of tbsp, green sauce (Chutni) (green chilli, coriander and mint).
- You need of ,cucumber.
- Prepare of ,tomatoes (remove seeds).
- You need of grm, Gram flour.
- It’s of tbsp, chilli flacks.
- It’s of tesp, Carom seeds.
- Prepare of Salt, as taste.
- It’s of Oil, for fry.
- It’s of Water, as required.
Pumpkin Raita – A side dish made with soft cooked pumpkins with spices and chilies, mixed in cooling yogurt and garnished with cilantro. Chop the pumpkin into cubes and slit the green chili. In a pan add oil and mustard seeds, jeera, asafoetida and green chili. Once the mustard splutters switch off the flame.
Pumpkin raita instructions
- First, add gram flour, salt, Carom seeds and chilli flacks in a bowl..
- Mix it well. Add water and make paste..
- Heat up the tawa, add some oil and and gram pancake better..
- Cook on medium high heat until becomes brown..
- Now cutt and set a side..
- Add Youghrt and boiled pumpkin in a large bowl..
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, green sauce (Chutni) and chopped pancake..
- Add salt and mix gently..
- Add fresh cream and mix throughly..
- Pumpkin raita is ready to serve..
Kaddu ka Raita or Pumpkin Raita is easy to make accompaniment made using fresh pumpkin, yogurt, and spices and it goes very well with Indian meals. Here is how to make it. Here are some more Raita Recipes, that can be served with your everyday meals – Aloo Raita, Burani Raita, Carrot Raita, Easy Cucumber Raita, and Mango Raita. And as per my mum, the secret ingredient for all raita's is the roasted cumin and coriander seeds powder. Roast a handful of both and let them cool.