Buddy the elf Chex mix. Chex™ Has Options For Your Holiday Season. Try A Fun & Easy Recipe Everyone Will Love. Count On Chex™ Any Day For A Simple And Delicious Snack.
Buddy's Chex Mix for Christmas features almost all of the elf food groups! Kids will love helping to bake this maple syrup-coated, candy topped treat. We received the ingredients and recipe from the Chex team at General Mills to sample, all thoughts and opinions are our own. You can have Buddy the elf Chex mix using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buddy the elf Chex mix
- Prepare of Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal.
- Prepare of white vanilla baking chips.
- You need of holiday candy sprinkles.
- It’s of mini vanilla wafer cookies.
- It’s of tree-shaped pretzels.
- You need of holiday nonpareils.
- You need of holiday almond or peanut chocolate candies.
The best way to spread holiday cheer is hosting a movie night with Chex™ Mix near. Vanilla coated Chex™ clusters, mini wafers, pretzels and chocolate candies make up this festive sweet and salty treat. You neeeeed to make and try this Chex mix! It's perfect for the holidays and you should totally bring it to your next party!
Buddy the elf Chex mix instructions
- Line 2 large rimmed pans with waxed paper. In large bowl, add cereal. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 2 cups of the baking chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring after 45 seconds, until chips are starting to melt. Continue heating in 15-second increments, until chips are melted and smooth. Pour over cereal; mix to thoroughly coat. Spread mixture in one of the pans; top with sprinkles. Cool 20 to 30 minutes or until set..
- Meanwhile, spread cookies and pretzels in single layer, right side up, in remaining pan. In same microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/2 cup baking chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to small resealable food-storage plastic bag, and cut small corner off one end of bag. Drizzle onto cookies and pretzels; sprinkle with nonpareils. Cool 20 to 30 minutes or until set..
- (I drizzled with a spoon.).
- Break cereal mixture into bite-size pieces; transfer to large serving bowl. Carefully break apart pretzels and cookies, if necessary. Add to bowl; stir in candies..
- Notes- I used mini marshmallows instead of nuts, I didn’t have any nuts or did I have any holiday sprinkles I just used what I had what was rainbow sprinkles. I used half the bad of white chips for the Cereal and the other half for the pretzels and wafers. Make as little or a big batch.This made 4 quarts as you can see in my bowl we did eat some and I bagged some up before I took the picture. This made a lot. Enjoy 😉.
You can find a recipe on my blog. With vanilla wafer cookies, tree-shaped pretzels, and holiday chocolate candies, this mix might just be gone before you can say "Buddy The Elf." This year, skip the crowded grocery store and let us send the ingredients to you! Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Immediately pour over one bowl of rice Chex and stir to coat. Spread on one of the wax-paper lined cookie sheets.