Creamy Pumpkin Mushroom Soup. Here is how you achieve it. The ingredients needed to make Creamy Pumpkin Mushroom Soup: You need of pumpkin. Provide of garlic and onion powder.
Add the honey,salt, pepper, curry and nutmeg. Gradually stir in broth and pumpkin. In a large saucepan, add pumpkin, onion and water. You can cook Creamy Pumpkin Mushroom Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pumpkin Mushroom Soup
- It’s of pumpkin.
- You need of mushrooms.
- You need of coconut milk cream.
- Prepare of ginger.
- You need of fish stock/seasoning.
- You need of garlic and onion powder.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Some water.
Place pumpkin and stock in a food processor or blender. Add pumpkin along with half cup of water in a pan, fish stock, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper (I used dried chilli pepper) and ginger. Add more water (half cup each time) if you think it's not enough to soften the pumpkin. When pumpkin softens, add mushrooms along with coconut milk cream.
Creamy Pumpkin Mushroom Soup instructions
- While waiting for rice to cook in rice cooker, clean and prepare the mushrooms. Any mushrooms is okay depending on the flavor you prefer.
- Cut pumpkin into cubes. They don't have to be perfect because they will be all mushy inside the pan later on..
- Add pumpkin along with half cup of water in a pan, fish stock, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper (I used dried chilli pepper) and ginger. Add more water (half cup each time) if you think it's not enough to soften the pumpkin..
- When pumpkin softens, add mushrooms along with coconut milk cream. You'll notice that you didn't need to add so much water before because once mushrooms are cooked, more liquid will form. Lower the flame and keep stirring until it reaches the point you prefer it to be served. I like extra mushy pumpkin and mushrooms. Add salt if you like..
- Serve with warm white rice. I prefer the rice slightly al dente. I also make extra rice for my dog (but don't give so much, dogs shouldn't consume too much coconut milk).
Melt butter in large soup pot or sauce pan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in olive oil, mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Then remove one cup of the mushrooms and set aside. Stir in the pumpkin purée and Parmesan, then pour in the stock. In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.