Unforgettable Scones. Today's question: Any tips for making scones? It had a crusty cinnamon sugar topping and the texture inside was so light it dissolved in my mouth. Fresh cinnamon wafted to my nose.
Make your gift unforgettable with thoughtful and unique scones and gift bundles from Erika's Tea Room! Family owned and operated, visitors become part of our family every time they sit down in our parlor for a pot of tea with scones. Recipes and Products for an Unforgettable Afternoon Tea.. You can cook Unforgettable Scones using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Unforgettable Scones
- It’s 200 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 70 grams of Cold unsalted butter.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 80 grams of together 1 Egg + milk.
The extra-rich taste of these cream scones comes from using milk powder in addition to butter and cream. It's not often I make a batch of scones, but when I do, it always feels special — biting into a warm scone that just popped out of the oven is somehow unforgettable. What prompted me to create this recipe, though, was having bitten into one too many heavy, door-step-looking scones from a local bakery. I came home one day, hell-bent on making the lightest, crumbliest scones ever.
Unforgettable Scones step by step
- Combine and sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder..
- Combine and mix well the egg and milk. Set aside..
- Cut the butter (be sure it's cold) into 1 cm cubes and add to the powdered ingredients from step 1..
- Use your fingertips to smash the butter, creating a bread crumb-like texture..
- Add the egg and milk mixture from step 2 to the butter mixture in the previous step, a little at a time. Don't add all of it – leave a little..
- Place in a plastic bag and let cool in the refrigerator. Preheat your oven to 210℃..
- Take the cooled dough and stretch to a thickness of 1.5 cm. Cut into your desired shapes..
- Place on the oven's baking pan, and brush the the leftover milk and egg mixture from step 5 on the top (just the top, not the bottom)..
- Bake in the preheated oven at 210℃ for 15 minutes..
A buttery-rich scone is nothing more than a glorified biscuit made even more delicious with our sweet and savory Southern twists. These fluffy treats pair exceptionally well with a cup of joe or tea. Famously known for their crumbly exterior and soft interior, these baked goods are oh-so-irresistible. Upon visiting our cafe, you will breathe in the scent of delicious espresso, taste unforgettable scones, and experience exceptional customer service. We look forward to your visit!