Pumpkin Bread. Whisk together the sugar and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in the eggs and pumpkin until combined. You may choose to substitute dried cranberries or blueberries for the raisins and walnuts or other nuts for the pecans to add variety.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder,. You can frost it, fill it with chocolate chips, or top it with streusel, but no matter which way you make it, pumpkin bread is one of our favorite fall treats. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can have Pumpkin Bread using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread
- It’s 3 c of turbino sugar or 2 c white and 1 c brown.
- Prepare 1 c of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 c of baked and pureed pumkin or 15 oz can.
- It’s 3 1/2 c of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 2/3 c of water.
Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. How to make pumpkin bread Begin by combining the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. I like to add everything in neat little piles in case I lose track of what I've added. Pumpkin bread tastes so quintessentially of the fall, with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and molasses.
Pumpkin Bread step by step
- Heat oven to 350*. Grease 2 regular loaf pans with oil or cooking spray. Do not flour..
- Beat sugar and oil, add eggs then stir in pumpkin. Set aside..
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Alternately add dry ingredients and water to the pumpkin mixture mixing until just combined each time. Do not overmix..
- Pour batter into pans and place on cookie sheet in oven for about one hour or until wooden skewer comes out clean..
- Cool pans on rack for 10-15 mins, they will still be hot. Turn out loaves onto rack and continue cooling until just warm. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let sit overnight. Serve with whipped honey butter..
Use canned or homemade pumpkin purée. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Add eggs and melted butter and beat to combine, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour; beat to combine. Pumpkin bread is naturally dense and being able to cream the butter with the sugar and eggs to add air and rise lends a more tender crumb than a bread made with oil.