Rustic Scones Made with Canola Oil. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Mix all dry ingredients, add oil and milk to mix to. triangles or circles.
This video will show you how to make scones. Scones are tender and delicious and very easy to make. They are great for breakfast, brunch or tea time. You can have Rustic Scones Made with Canola Oil using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rustic Scones Made with Canola Oil
- Prepare 50 grams of each ● Strong flour and cake flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of each ● Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon ● Raw cane sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ● Coarse salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ● Baking powder.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon ◎ Canola oil (※ Refer to Helpful Hints).
- It’s 3 tbsp of ◎Milk (or soy milk).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎ Yogurt (or milk or soy milk).
Prepare flax egg in a small mixing bowl, then add almond milk. In a separate mixing bowl, combine spelt flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, organic cane sugar, salt, and rosemary. Put golf ball-sized piece of dough (depending on how big you want your scones) on a cutting board sprinkled with flour. Don't worry about getting a perfect circle or if the dough tears a bit!
Rustic Scones Made with Canola Oil instructions
- Put the ● ingredients in a bowl and whisk together..
- Make a well in the center of the mixture, add the ◎ ingredients, then use a rubber spatula to mix with a cutting motion..
- Wrap with plastic wrap to form a ball, then slightly flatten it out, cut it in half, and stack the halves. Repeat this process once more..
- If you want squares, form the dough into a 7-cm-by-14-cm rectangle, and if you want triangles, form it into a 11-cm-by-12-cm square, then wrap in plastic wrap..
- Store the dough in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes (this will make it easier to cut). You can skip this step. If you are allowing the dough to sit overnight, put it in the refrigerator..
- Cut into eighths with a knife, then bake for 14 to 15 minutes at 200℃ (preheated at 220℃). The photo shows a doubled amount..
These scones are meant to look rustic and imperfect. In a cup put the oil and the egg and beat well. Fill the rest of the cup with milk. Put into the flour and mix until it comes together. Directions In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.