Chai Cupcakes. Chai Cupcakes You'll get a double dose of the spicy blend that's frequently used to flavor tea in these moist cakes. Remove from the heat and add the black tea and chai tea bags. These easy, homemade chai latte cupcakes combine deliciously warm chai spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger with soft and fluffy cupcakes.
Prepare a cupcake pan with liners. In a small bowl or plastic bag, combine the chai spice mix ingredients. Beat sugar and butter together in a medium bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. You can cook Chai Cupcakes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chai Cupcakes
- It’s 1 box of Devils food cake mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tsp of chai spice mix (see my other recipe).
- It’s 1 of buttercream frosting:.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of butter (12 oz) room temp.
- You need 6 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add the butter to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat it until creamy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well on medium speed until combined. In a small bowl, combine the ground ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper.
Chai Cupcakes instructions
- Set oven to 350.
- Prepare according to cake mix directions add vanilla and chai spice..
- Pour batter into lined cupcake tins..
- Bake according to cake mix directions..
- Prepare buttercream by mixing all ingredients together until smooth..
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with chai spice..
Then add the chai latte powder and extra cardamom if desired. Mix in the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Discard tea bags; cool tea completely. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.