Cranberry Scones. In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Mix in cranberries, sugar and orange rind. Add buttermilk mixture and stir until soft dough forms. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. You can have Cranberry Scones using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cranberry Scones
- Prepare 200 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 125 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 of Dried cranberries.
Cut the butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Stir in the cranberries and mixed fruit peel, making sure not to crush the berries. Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead it into a ball.
Cranberry Scones step by step
- Add the sifted dry ingredients, sugar, and salt into a bowl, and mix around and around with a whisk or cooking chopsticks..
- Add the heavy cream, egg, and dried cranberries, and mix together..
- Dust the counter with a generous amount of flour, and roll the dough into a ball. Rotate, and then fold several times while flipping, then make into 2 cm thick..
- Either cut out a shape with a cookie cutter or cut with a knife. Leave the edges as is so that nice layers will appear. Do not fix the shape..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the pieces of scone dough, and bake in the oven for 12 ~ 15 minutes at 190℃. When lightly browned, they are done..
- When finished baking, put on a rack to let them cool..
- You can eat as is. Opening up the nice crevices, and eating with plenty of clotted cream and jam is the English-style..
- Enjoy with delicious tea..
Packed with dried cranberries and orange zest, this scones recipe is perfect for entertaining and weekends. When making these remember this: use a soft, low protein all-purpose flour, use the coldest butter and cream possible, and don't over mix. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Homemade cranberry orange scones are deliciously flaky and tender with bright orange flavor and pops of juicy cranberries.