Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese. Add tomato and break it gently with a spatula. Add salt & pepper and mix. Mandy's Tomato, Basil, Mascarpone Sauce recipe: This is a sauce that goes beautifully with anything.
Also good with fish as it has a delicate flavour and it is fan-blooming-tastic with low carb pasta. (if you cant eat tomato then you could substitute chopped red pepper. Instructions to make Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese: Remove the tomato stem. Soak in cold water to cool down and then peel the skin. You can cook Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese
- It’s of Tomato.
- Prepare of Basil leaves.
- It’s of Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s of Mascarpone cheese.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Fine salt.
- You need of White pepper powder.
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the mascarpone and cook over moderately. Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and dried basil to a saucepan. In the meantime cook the pasta according to the package instructions in another saucepan.
Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese step by step
- Remove the tomato stem. Slightly cross cut the bottom and boil them for 30 secs..
- Soak in cold water to cool down and then peel the skin. Take the fruit off the skin with a spoon. This is the richest part, so better use it!.
- Mince onion and garlic..
- Stir-fry with olive oil well. Be careful not to burn it..
- Add tomato and break it gently with a spatula..
- Add chopped basil and mix..
- Add salt & pepper and mix..
- Add parmesan cheese and mix. (If you would like to make a "tomato & basil", skip this step.).
- Stop the heat and blend..
- Add mascarpone and mix. (If you would like to make a "tomato & basil", skip this step.).
- Simmer with low heat for 10-15 mins..
- If you would like to keep them longer… Boil washed & empty jam jars and lids first to sterilize. Put the jars in the water before boiling to avoid breakage. Boil the jars for 10 mins., remove, and then do the lids for 5 mins..
- Pour the sauce in it and close the lid..
- Boil the jars for 15 mins..
- Use stickers or labels to decorate if you desire!.
- I used this sauce! "Gulten-free! Potato & Rice Bake". Recipe ID : 13209446.
Once the sauce is ready, remove from the heat and mix in the mascarpone cheese until completely melted. Remove from heat, and stir in the mascarpone cheese. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until very soft, but not coloured. Stir in the tomatoes and seasoning.