Strawberry Pretzel Salad. This phenomenal berry dish may have the word salad in the name, but it's okay if you call it a strawberry pretzel dessert instead. It's a great option if you need a sweet treat, and your oven is already full of tasty dishes. With a little prep, you'll be enjoying your S.
In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar. In a medium bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, granulated sugar, and butter. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and press it evenly to form a crust. You can cook Strawberry Pretzel Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Prepare of strawberry Jell-O.
- It’s of boiling water.
- Prepare of salted pretzels (measured before crushing).
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of package cream cheese softened.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of cool whip thawed in the fridge.
- You need of fresh strawberries hulled and sliced.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a nostalgic, classic potluck recipe. More dessert than salad, this recipe comes from a category of desserts called "dessert salads". Other recipes in this category include Grandma's Ambrosia Salad, Watergate Salad, and Strawberry Delight. Strawberry pretzel salad is a dessert or side dish made with a pretzel crust, cream cheese filling, and strawberry jello topping.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Combine strawberry Jell-O with 2 cups boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Crush 2 1/2 cups pretzels in a sturdy ziploc bag, using a rolling pin..
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 8 Tbsp butter then add 1/4 cup sugar and stir. Mix in crushed pretzels. Transfer to a 13×9 glass casserole dish, pressing the pretzel mix evenly over the bottom of the dish and bake for 10 min at 350°F, then cool to room temp..
- When pretzels have cooled, use an electric hand mixer to beat 8 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on med/high speed until fluffy and white. Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip until no streaks of cream cheese remain. Spread mixture over cooled pretzels, spreading to the edges of the dish to create a tight seal. Refrigerate 30 min..
- Hull and slice 1 lb strawberries then stir into your room temperature jello. Pour and spread strawberry jello mixture evenly over your cooled cream cheese layer and refrigerate until jello is set (2-4 hours.
Now, THIS is a "salad" I can get on board with. 😉 Most recipes you'll see call for frozen strawberries, but MY secret ingredient is fresh strawberries, because the texture is so much better. There are three layers to a strawberry-pretzel salad: the pretzel crust, the cream cheese filling, and the strawberry topping. Over the years, I've made a few upgrades to the classic, while still staying true to what those of us who grew up eating it love and crave. The crust is a simple mixture of pretzels, butter, sugar, and salt. In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar.