Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Press chicken tenders in the flour to coat completely; shake gently to remove any excess flour. Add chopped, cooked chicken or turkey and stir to coat in the sauce.
Great recipe for Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. This the best Marsala Chicken that I have ever made / eaten anywhere. Recipe calls for Mascarpone cheese, but cream cheese worked very well. You can have Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- Prepare of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of butter, divided.
- Prepare of chopped onion.
- You need of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of minced garlic.
- Prepare of dry Marsala wine.
- Prepare of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- Prepare of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- You need of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- You need of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
Cooking Note: When dish is almost ready, taste it and if it feels as if it might need. Pour in the cream and return the chicken back into the sauce. Season breasts with salt and pepper. In heated skillet add olive oil and butter.
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce instructions
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
Add chicken and cook over a medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a plate and cover with. Stir in chicken broth, adding more if the sauce seems too thick. Taste sauce and adjust whatever you think it needs. Add chicken breasts back to the pan, nestling them into the sauce.