Whipped Caramel Cream Torte. A creamy smooth delicate caramel filling with a delicious biscoff cookie crust, then topped with whipped cream and caramel and chocolate drizzles for a light, flavorful dessert. Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until thick and creamy and holds soft peaks. Fold beaten egg white into corn syrup mixture until incorporated and mixture becomes caramel colored and smooth.
It's a party: Rich vanilla cake layered with salted caramel ice cream, under a pillowy topping of whipped cream drizzled with caramel sauce. Serve this luscious ice cream cake at a birthday, or for a backyard BBQ on the muggiest of afternoons. Schmoo Torte is a pecan angel food cake, torted and filled with sweetened whipped cream, served up with a buttery caramel sauce. You can cook Whipped Caramel Cream Torte using 18 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whipped Caramel Cream Torte
- Prepare of FOR CRUST:.
- You need of biscoff cookies, crushed.
- It’s of butter melted.
- Prepare of FOR CARAMEL FILLING.
- It’s of my salted caramel sauce, located in my profile and search.
- It’s of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature.
- You need of heavy whping cream, cold.
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of FOR TOPPING:.
- You need of cold water.
- It’s of unflavored gelatin.
- It’s of heavy whipping cream, cold.
- It’s of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- It’s of my salted caramel sauce.
- It’s of good quality milk chocolate, chopped.
Schmoo torte is very much a Winnipeg thing, though locals don't tend to *know* how exclusively Winnipeg it is, til they move away! The tortes come FROZEN and take two hours in the fridge or an hour on the counter to defrost; they're available daily while supplies last and you can always preorder one of these. This flavored whipped cream is a breeze to make, which goes well with our Angel Food Cake. Cook the caramel cream in a saucepan and chill completely before whipping into stiff, delicate peaks.
Whipped Caramel Cream Torte step by step
- Make crust.
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with bakers spray.
- Combine biscoff cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press into a 9 inch springform pan and freeze while preparing filling.
- Make filling.
- In a large bowl beat cream until it holds its shape.
- Beat in another bowl marscapone, caramel sauce, confectioner's sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into marscapone / caramel mixture until uniform in color.
- Spread into prepared crust, refrigerate while preparing topping.
- Make whipped cream topping.
- Add cold water to small heat proof bowl and sprinkle with gelatin, let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer and add bowl with gelatin, stir until dissolved and clear. Turn off heat and let it sit in warm water while beating cream.
- Beat cream until it forms soft peaks, then beat in sugar, liquid gelatin and vanilla until it holds its shape.
- Top caramel filling with whipped cream, refrigerate at least 6 hours before releasing sides of springform pan.
- Release sides of springform pan.
- Garnish torte.
- Heat the caramel just until pourable and drizzle over torte.
- Melt milk chocolate in microwave until melted and drizzle on torte. Refrigerate about 15 minutesto set caramel and chocolate.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add whipped cream, beat until smooth. Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Fresh baked white sponge cake filled with raspberry and Chantilly cream.