Cinnamon Rolls. Absolutely the best cinnamon rolls, ever. So good, you can't NOT make them, let alone, stop eating them. A little hard work but totally worth it in the end.
Beat on medium speed until smooth (or stir, stir, stir until smooth). To make overnight cinnamon rolls: After placing rolls into the greased pan (after the first rise), simply cover, place overnight in the fridge and then bake them in the morning as directed. While the rolls bake, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. You can have Cinnamon Rolls using 19 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- You need of FOR CINNAMON ROLLs.
- It’s of whole milk.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of pack active dry yeast.
- You need of plus about 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of melted salted butter, about, divided use.
- It’s of packed light brown sugar.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of raisins.
- You need of for icing.
- You need of salted butter (1 stick), at room temperature.
- Prepare of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extracts.
Punch down the dough after the first rise. Place the cinnamon roll dough in a large bowl and tightly cover it with plastic wrap and a tea towel or with a lid and refrigerate overnight. To make the rolls: remove the dough and proceed with the recipe. Spread the butter on top, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan well with bakers spray. Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine 4 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a small bowl combinebrown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk milk, sugar and butter and heat just until it reaches a simmer, don't allow to boil. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl and add vanilla extract and stir in. Cool to 95 to 100F.
- Add yeast to warm milk and whisk in.
- Add flour mixture to yeast mixture to combine completely the dough will be soft, cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Turn dough out on to a floured surface and knead in remaining 1/2 cup flour to make a soft dough. Add more flour if dogh is very sticky but only if needed, its should be a very soft dough for a tender roll..
- Roll into a 18 by 9 inch rectangle.
- Spread with melted butter thinly covering.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon..
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up tightly, pinching closed.
- With a very sharp knife cut in 2 1/2 inc slices.
- Place in prepared pan, almost touching. Cover with towel and let rise about 20 to 35 minutes until doubled in size.
- Brush lightly on tops with remaining melted butter.
- Bake about 25 to 30 miinutes, until golden and middle roll is cooked through with no raw dough. Slide a thin knife to check if your not sure. Remove and cool only 4 to 5 minutes before icing.
- Make icing.
- Beat butter and mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.
You can use regular white granulated sugar or brown sugar in the filling. Place in a greased round pan and get ready to rise. After you've rolled the dough, spread the cinnamon filling on top and roll-up jelly-roll style. Cut into as many rolls as you'd like. Cut into as many rolls as you'd like.