10-Minute Scones with Heavy Cream. I had a carton of heavy cream left over and wanted to eat scones, but didn't have enough butter, so I used heavy cream instead. I used to use a food processor, but I am too lazy to clean it afterwards. Place each scone onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (you can separate the scones or bake them close together in the circle shape).
Tips from our Bakers If you don't have any heavy cream on hand, you can make this recipe using butter and milk instead. Add butter and toss to coat. Using your fingers or a pastry blender,. You can have 10-Minute Scones with Heavy Cream using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 10-Minute Scones with Heavy Cream
- Prepare 200 grams of ●Cake flour.
- It’s 30 grams of ●Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of ●Salt.
- It’s 6 grams of ●Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 carton of Heavy cream (I used soy-based).
- You need 1 bag of ✿ Large plastic bag (23x24cm).
Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.) With a pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, stir together the cream, egg, and vanilla. Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combines. Brush tops of the scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar for texture if desired.
10-Minute Scones with Heavy Cream instructions
- If using a food processor, check out.
- The dough will be done quickly, so preheat the oven to 200ºC. Once you get used to making these, you'll be able to pop this in the oven in 7-8 minutes..
- Prepare the plastic bag, put it on a scale, and add the ● ingredients one by one. Use a strong and thick bag..
- Blow air into the bag, and shake to mix. Then add the heavy cream all at once or in 2 batches. Then shake the bag again, but don't knead it..
- The mixture will come together gradually, and it won't be stuck to the bag..
- Push the mixture to the bottom, fold the bag, and flatten to 2-3 cm thickness with a rolling pin..
- Cut the edge with scissors or a knife. Tear and spread the bottom by hand. Brush on the heavy cream left in the cup with your fingers to glaze..
- Cut with a knife. Cut into half, and cut into 6 lengthwise. The size of the bag was perfect..
- Place the batter on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 17-18 minutes. The batter is soft, so keep your hand under the plastic bag, and peel it off..
- Plain SconesEasy Chocolate Scones.
- Egg-Free SconesMayonnaise-Cheese Scones https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/168695-great-as-snacks-mayo-cheese-scones.
Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins. Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, cream, and milk; stir until a spongy dough has formed. Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Use oven mitts to remove baking sheet from oven (ask an adult for help).