Pretzel Dogs and Sausages. I just love hotdogs and sausage. If you want to make these in advance for a party I would wrap the sausage with the dough and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Place on a sprayed baking sheet and add the egg wash and salt just before baking.
Twisted Pretzel Dogs The Ultimate Grab-and-Go Snack Featuring our premium German style smoked sausages wrapped in a soft pretzel bun. The unique combination of our delicious sausages surrounded by a warm, soft pretzel makes the ultimate grab-and-go snack. Pretzel Dog is a combination of chewy pretzel and a juicy sausage, which makes a delicious lunch or an appetizer for kids and adults alike! You can have Pretzel Dogs and Sausages using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pretzel Dogs and Sausages
- You need of Dough——————–.
- It’s of warm water.
- Prepare of active dry yeast.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of Water————————.
- You need of water.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of Topping———————.
- Prepare of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare of large egg.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of Stuffing———————–.
- It’s of beef hotdogs.
- Prepare of smoked sausage.
Serve them with some spicy mustard for that perfect game day snack! Pretzel pigs in a blanket or pretzel hot dogs, whatever you call them, these mini sausage bites are delicious, great finger food for any kind of party. Pretzel pigs in a blanket or pretzel hot dogs served with Bavarian grainy mustard. These sausage bites will be gone ina flash at your next party.
Pretzel Dogs and Sausages instructions
- Soften the stick of butter. In a bowl combine warm water, sugar, and yeast..
- Mix the salt flour and butter..
- When the yeast has activated, foamy, mix with the flour mixture..
- Mix very well. Oil a mixing bowl set the dough inside and cover. Set in a warm place for an hour..
- After an hour heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the water on to boil add the baking soda. Stir well..
- Take the dough and divide into 8 parts..
- Make ropes out of each part..
- Stand a hotdog on its end and wrap the bottom and continue to wrap in a spiral upward around the hotdogs. Close off the ends..
- All wrapped up..
- Gently add one wrapped hotdog at a time into the boiling soda water, for 30 seconds..
- Remove from water and add to a baking sheet lined with wax paper, or sprayed with nonstick spray..
- Repeat till all the hotdogs and smoked sausage is wrapped..
- Beat the eggs and water together. Brush the egg wash on the top of the pretzel dogs and sausage..
- When the egg wash is on sprinkle with pink Himalayan salt..
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes..
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Arrange the boiled hot dogs on the prepared baking sheets. Instructions. make dough: Combine warm water and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the flour, salt, and melted butter. Using the dough hook, mix on low speed until well combined. When all the dogs have been boiled, place them on the greased baking sheet.