Easy Chocolate Scones. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar and cocoa. To make this Easy Chocolate Scones Recipe, simply: Mix the dry ingredients: Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl until combined.
To make the scones: In a large mixing bowl, blend the flours, cocoa, espresso powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together thoroughly. Using a stand mixer equipped with the beater paddle; or a pastry blender, pastry fork, or your fingertips, work in the butter until the mixture is unevenly crumbly. Scones are a simple treat to make and with the use of a food processor – not traditional but I'm busy and convenience can be good – they're even easier. You can cook Easy Chocolate Scones using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Scones
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 6 grams of Baking powder.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of Margarine or butter.
- You need 100 ml of 1 egg + milk (measuring cup).
- It’s 15 of pieces Chocolate bar.
Now in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment sift in the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Grab the butter out of the fridge and cut it into pea sized pieces. In a large bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add the applesauce, water and milk; mix well.
Easy Chocolate Scones instructions
- [For home use]. Add the chocolate before adding heavy cream at Step 4..
- Put the cake flour, bread flour, baking powder and sugar into a food processor to switch on. It's like sieving the dry ingredients..
- Add the margarine or butter to blend together..
- Beat the egg in a measuring cup, add 100 ml of milk, and continue mixing. Leave some for glazing..
- Add 1/3 of egg mixture into 3, and blend until everything comes together. When the mixture turns heavy, stop the processor..
- Cut the chocolate into 2-3 pieces..
- Take the dough out from the processor and place on a plastic wrap. Put the chocolate in, and fold over several times. Wrap the dough to rest for 20-30 minutes in fridge..
- Roll out the dough to 2 cm thick. Cut into squares, triangles, or any shape with a knife. It will be easier to roll between plastic wrap..
- If you want a glaze, add milk to the measuring cup and spread on each cut dough. Bake for 17-18 minutes at preheated oven at 200ºC..
- If you want to make chocolate scones without egg, Check out. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143710-egg-free-easy-scones.
Drop large rounded spoonfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheets. The chocolate chips make them very tasty but the orange juice makes them special. Make sure butter is well chilled to produce the flakiest texture possible. Serve with clotted cream or lemon curd. These scrumptious scones will make you feel like you're Queen for a day!