Roast Chicken Dinner.
You can cook Roast Chicken Dinner using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken Dinner
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 bunch of sage.
- It’s 2 of stems rosemary.
- It’s 1 bunch of thyme.
- Prepare of Pam spray.
- You need 2-3 of potatoes, chunked.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, chunked.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 2 Tbsp of grainy mustard.
- You need 1 Tbsp of parsley, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of Bou roasted garlic cube.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of flour.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Roast Chicken Dinner instructions
- Begin by drying the chicken. Place the chicken on a wad of paper towels to dry the bottom. Dry the top with extra paper towels..
- Preheat oven or grill to 450F.
- Heavily salt the interior of the bird..
- Set aside one sprig of rosemary and a few sprigs of thyme. Stuff the remaining rosemary, thyme, and sage into the birds cavity..
- Begin trussing the bird by cutting a 8-10 ft length of butcher's twine. Lay the twine out horizontal to you and place the bird breast side away from you on the twine..
- Wrap the twine up to the birds arm pits.
- Pull the neck skin over the breast and cross the twine over the pulled skin to keep it in place..
- Pull the twine over the wings and down toward the legs. Cross the string over under the point of the crown..
- Pull the crossed twine tight. My wings slipped out here taking photos. Keep them tucked..
- Wrap the taught twine under and back around the legs. When you pull this it will cinch the legs out to cook up crispy..
- Cross the twine one more time and cinch the legs so they jut out..
- With the twine held tight, flip the bird.
- Tie the truss off by looping the twine 3 times over and pulling tight. Make a knot and cut the twine. Your bird is ready..
- Give the bird a light spray with pam. I like this more than oil because its light and consistent. Heavily salt and pepper the bird. Theres a time for lots of spices… this is not that time. You're trying to make a crispy savory chicken and you want that chicken to shine..
- Place the chicken on a large shallow pan or over indirect heat on the grill with a pan underneath to catch drippings. Set a timer for 40 min..
- Combine the potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, reserved herbs, 2 Tbsp mustard, juice of lemon, salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp of oil or your favorite fat ina shallow pan. I used bacon fat. Feel free to add any extra veggies you have in the fridge. I had some cherry tomatoes and a small eggplant..
- At 40 min place the veggies into the oven. Check the bird..
- Continue roasting the bird until 161F. About 1 hour and 30 min total. Toss the veggies while cooking a few times to coat juices..
- Strain the reserved juices from the chicken pan. Add the separated fat to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the flour to make a roux. Whisk the roux for 3 min. Add the remaining chicken juices along with the stock and garlic cube. Bring to a simmer to thicken and then season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Plate the chicken on a bed of the roasted vegetables and pour a ladle of gravy over top of it all..