Double Chocolate Scones in 30 Minutes. Use a box grated to grate the frozen butter. Place in a large bowl and use immediately or store in freezer until needed. Toss in the cherries and chocolate chips and combine.
Be careful to microwave just until the chocolate is melted. If you heat it too long it will seize. Remove the scones from the oven, and transfer them to a rack to cool. You can cook Double Chocolate Scones in 30 Minutes using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Scones in 30 Minutes
- Prepare 150 ml of Heavy cream (chocolate flavored).
- It’s 200 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 10 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Chocolate bar.
Before serving, top with glaze and chocolate drizzle. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. For the scones: in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the butter into the dry ingredients.
Double Chocolate Scones in 30 Minutes step by step
- Combine the cake flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and sift..
- Mix in the sugar and salt..
- Add heavy cream..
- Use chopsticks to mix..
- Mix the dry ingredients until crumbly by rubbing against your hands..
- Break the chocolate bar and add to the bowl. Make them big for a satisfying crunch later..
- Add 2 tablespoons milk and squeeze the dough into a single lump. Don't knead and work quickly. Add another tablespoon of milk if it's too dry..
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180℃. Chill the dough in the fridge if you like..
- Dust your workplace and roll out the dough. Fold in 2 or 3 times..
- Roll out the dough until it's about 2 to 3 cm thick..
- Chop into desired shapes or cut with a cookie cutter..
- Align on parchment paper and bake for approx. 20 minutes at 180℃..
- Make sure to use chocolate flavored heavy cream You could use anything for the chocolate bar!.
- You may easily make different variations by using different kinds of chocolate bars. Also good with white chocolate..
- Try adding marshmallows or nuts! Just add when you're also adding the chocolate bar..
Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before topping with optional toppings listed in the ingredients. As much as I enjoyed my bowls of cold cereal and hot oatmeal, these Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Scones would've been a very welcome treat! Let cool for a few minutes before serving. To reheat, use a toaster oven to crisp instead of the microwave. Gently press the remaining chocolate chips on top.