Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes. This yummy Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes recipe combines each flavor that you love from the traditional Nanaimo bar in an equally as delicious cupcake. These cupcakes are inspired by one of my favourite treats: Nanaimo Bars! Feel free to use your own chocolate cake recipe if you want.
The custard is what makes a Nanaimo bar a Nanaimo bar. A Nanaimo Bar is a Canadian specialty, in case you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about. It is a three layered dessert bar that has a bottom, brownie like base with almonds and coconut, a middle vanilla custard layer, and a top layer of chocolate. You can have Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes
- It’s 1 box of Chocolate cake mix with ingredients needed to prepare.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sweetened shredded coconut (or add a little more or less according to your preference).
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 4 cup of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Vanilla pudding mix or custard powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla (optional).
- You need of Topping.
- You need 3/4 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips or as needed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Butter.
Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. in a large mixer bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium for three minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for. Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes step by step.
Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding shredded coconut to batter..
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake as directed on the cake mix package..
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack..
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Stir in custard powder and milk..
- Beat in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth..
- Once cupcakes are COMPLETELY cooled, fill with filling by inserting a piping bag containing the filling and fitted with a small round tip into the centre of cupcake and squeezing bag while slowly pulling out. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes..
- Cover filled cupcakes and store in a cold place to allow the filling to firm up. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave..
- Dip tops of cooled cupcakes into melted chocolate so the tops are covered. Cover and allow chocolate to set. ENJOY!!!.
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding shredded coconut to batter. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake as directed on the cake mix package. In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Stir in custard powder and milk.