Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu. In a medium saucepan, combine the rhubarb and granulated sugar over medium heat. If using frozen, rinse under cold water to thaw slightly. Bring to a simmer over low heat.
A modification of the classic, of course in a vegan version, with a fruity layer of strawberries and rhubarb, as rhubarb still has season in June. This way the tiramisu gets a nice harmony through the tartness of the rhubarb and the sweetness of the first sun kissed strawberries. Strawberry and Rhubarb tiramisù is a great dessert choice for a spring celebration like Mother's Day. You can cook Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu
- You need of stalks ★Rhubarb.
- You need of ★Sugar.
- You need of ★Water.
- Prepare of pack ☆Strawberries.
- It’s of Kirsch or Champagne.
- It’s of ☆Sugar.
- You need of ○Strained yogurt or Fromage Blanc.
- Prepare of ○Sliced almonds.
- It’s of Vanilla sugar or sugar.
- Prepare of biscuits Biscuits.
You can serve it in a large dish for a family-style dessert, or in individual glasses or elegant cups for a more delightful presentation. Look at the peak on this little buddy here. Now tell me you don't want to dive into this rhubarb and strawberry goodness! Go on, treat yourself to a gorgeous spring dessert.
Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu instructions
- There are two kinds of Rhubarb. Pictured to the right is red rhubarb..
- Wash the rhubarb, cut it into small pieces, then put it in a pot. Add the water, sugar, and the cut vanilla beans. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes while skimming off the scum. After that, leave to cool..
- Wash the strawberries, cut off the tops and then quarter. If they are small, cut in half. In a pot, also add in the sugar and the champagne and let it sit for a while. Simmer the vanilla beans again for 10 minutes..
- While simmering them, skim the scum off again. Once it's done, let it cool again..
- Break up the biscuits and put them into the containers. Then pour in the rhubarb syrup. About 2 tablespoons per glass and then let it sit..
- Combine the strained yogurt and vanilla sugar and mix well. Add the rhubarb compote and then add the yogurt on top..
- Then add the strawberry compote on top and chill for 6 hours to overnight. Top with roasted almonds before serving and dig in!.
Finally spread the remaining cream over the fruit. Serve the strawberry rhubarb tiramisu with a good sprinkling of chopped chocolate. In the base of a glass dish, arrange a single layer of ladyfingers then drizzle lightly with the strawberry liqueur or syrup. Spoon the rhubarb mixture on top and spread over the ladyfingers. Over the rhubarb, spread half of the cream mixture then add a second layer of ladyfingers.