Wonton Soup. FOR SOUP: Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve. In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
Sometimes with just wontons, sometimes with wontons and noodles, called "Combination Long and Short Soup" on Chinese restaurant menus. "Short" refers to the wontons and "Long" refers to the long noodles! Add wontons one at a time; return to a boil. Stir in scallions, vinegar, and sesame oil; season with salt. You can cook Wonton Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonton Soup
- Prepare of pre made square wonton wrappers.
- Prepare of baby bok choi, halved, put into boiling water for 30 seconds, drained, set aside.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- You need of garlic, finely minced.
- It’s of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of salt or to taste.
- Prepare of white pepper powder or to taste.
- You need of For the fillings:.
- Prepare of ground chicken/pork.
- It’s of shrimp, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of garlic, finely minced.
- Prepare of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare of white pepper powder.
This chicken wonton soup recipe is so quick and easy to whip up. It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. First, you boil the ginger and garlic in the chicken broth for five minutes, which imparts wonderful flavor on the broth. In a large bowl, mix pork, soy sauce, chives, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and sesame oil until fully incorporated.
Wonton Soup step by step
- In a big bowl, add all ingredients for the fillings. Mix well..
- Use your fingers, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with water. Place half a tablespoon of filling in the center of wonton wrapper. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle. Seal the edges. Fold the two corners in on each other, glue them with water, and press to seal. Do the same thing to the rest of wonton wrappers..
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add garlic, salt, and white pepper powder. Add in wontons and cook for more or less 10 minutes. Add sesame oil. Mix well..
- Serve into bowls and garnish with baby bok choi and green onions. Yum! 😋.
Using your finger, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with. The wonton soup is the soup using wonton as the main ingredients. Generally, we have two types of wonton soup quite popular in China. One is clear or mild wonton soup and the other one is wonton soup in red oil. Surely, the later one is more popular in Sichuan cuisine.