Wonton tacos. Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add stir-fry sauce, cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer. Form wonton wrappers into taco shapes and arrange between the cups of an inverted muffin tin.
While wrappers are baking, cook ground meat and taco seasoning over medium high heat until meat is cooked through. Wonton Tacos are the best ever party food idea! They are easy to make and contain all the flavors you crave from a taco in a baked wonton cup, in a muffin tin. You can cook Wonton tacos using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wonton tacos
- You need 1 of lb.Favorite fish.
- It’s of Wontons.
- It’s of Favorite cooking oil.
- It’s of For the fish and sauce.
- It’s 1 c. of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of tbls. Seseme oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp. of Ground wasabi powder or mustard powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed chili flakes.
- It’s 1 of tbls. Chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tbls of toasted seseme seeds.
- You need 1/4 c. of Honey.
- Prepare of Now the wonton sauce.
- It’s 1/8 c. of Toasted seseme dressing.
- Prepare 1/8 c of fish sauce above.
- You need 2-3 of tbls. Honey.
- It’s of Slaw.
- It’s 1 bag of already mixed slaw salad.
- Prepare of Enough cole slaw dressing to coat not drench slaw salad mix.
Jump to Recipe – Print Recipe. Crispy wonton shells are baked to a perfection in the oven and then filled with taco seasoned ground beef, shrimp, or chicken. Using the tongs, fold the wonton wrapper in half – like a taco shell. Hold it with the tongs, turning it as it browns.
Wonton tacos instructions
- Make fish sauce first in small sauce pan mix all ingredients and heat to mix well not boiling. Transfer to heat safe bowl to cool..
- Once cool mix all ingredients for the wonton sauce in separate bowl. The honey will desolve in with slight whipping..
- Now Coat pan with favorite cooking oil about 1tbls.cook fish one side first and spoon small amount of fish sauce, listed above, on top turn to cook other side spoon sauce over other side. Transfer to plate to cool. Dice up fish..
- Coat diced fish with a bit more fish sauce if needed..
- Fry up 16 wontons give or take a few. I fry them in a triangle corner to corner and try to make a slight flat bottom for easy filling.
- Spoon 1-2 tbls fish into wonton shell. Add slaw top top of that and spoon as little or as much of the wonton sauce offer that..
Once crispy, put the wonton upside down on a paper towel. To make the meat: Heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Shred cabbage, stir in the coleslaw dressing, fill each wonton with meat mix. Brush the wonton wrappers with olive oil very lightly. Drape over a wide edged baking pan or taco rack to create a taco shaped wonton.